Value for the $: Hunting Scopes for Inline Muzzleloading

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best Value in A Hunting Scope?

• Bushnell brands

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Nikon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zeiss

• Sightron

• Millett

• Leupold

• Burris

• Simmons

• Weaver

• Other, Not Listed

• Total voters
I probably should have said "value" in a hunting muzzleloader scope, value itself being subjective; subject to personal definition.

If it was a year ago, I likely would have said Sightron-- but, people have caught on. Sightron prices have gone up a bit as a result.

So, it remains Bushnell-- for my money, what you get in an Elite 3200 3 x 9 x 40 or an Elite 4200 2.5 x 10 x 40 (or 1.5 x 6 x 36) is tremendous value.

Bushnell looks pretty popular here Randy. Its amazing how much better quality is in the Elite 3200/4200's as compared to the cheaper Bushnell Banners etc.

Must be due to 3200/4200 being Jap made vs Taiwan, Korean etc. for the cheaper Bushnells?

Loggy said:
Must be due to 3200/4200 being Jap made vs Taiwan, Korean etc. for the cheaper Bushnells?

Part of it, but it seems it just takes a certain minimum of dollars in glass quality, lens coatings, and assembly quality to make a good scope. You can play the slash price game for only so long, and then you are cutting into the meat requisite for a decent scope.

If you look at an Elite 3200, take away the RainGuard, titanium alloy tube, and add more dollars-- you have a Weaver Grand Slam. Bushnell is doing a lot of things right.

I voted for the Zeiss Conquest. It is clear and has a glass etched reticle
rather than cross hairs. This should be more durable.

charlie

Conquest all the way for me ,I have 3x9-40, 4.5x14-44 is on the way got that one for $465.00 on ebay,the 3x9 for $350.00,I can compaire i allso have Burris fullfieldII 3x9-40,and an AETEC 2.5x10-44 the later are good but the zeiss are hard to beat.forgot the leupold VXII 2x7-33 got a lot of deer with that one. Its 20 years old now and still going.

I voted Busnell. Almost all I own are Bushnell and feel the dollar for dollar they're a good value. Right now am looking at getting a new one for my Savage. Looking to the Elite for the rainguard. Also want higher magnification something up to 14X for my old eyes. Don't need for hunting but want it for range purposes.

schoolmaster said:
My next scope purchase will be a Leupold VX III, 2.5 X8 with the B&C reticle.

I HAVE that scope w/o the B&C reticle.

Back