Tuned the Vortek

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Tuned the Vortek

Got the Traditions Vortek UL LDR out this evening with 100gr blackhorn209, 250gr .502" Thor and cci 209m primers. Im still using the original O ring i installed in the plug when i first got it, well over 100 shots!

I finally figured out what the heck the reticle in the scope was, the top is 50 yards dead on, 100 yards dead on 150 and then 200 yards. The manual for the scope sucked badly and so for this entire time i had zero clue which line to use :lol:

Took me a few shots to get the adjustments done but after that, my final 2 shots were touching and I was just using the bipod as my rest, no rear support other than my shoulder. I never really had a rifle that could use a bipod and so that too was a new learning experience. I learned to softly lay my cheek on the stock, lightly grasp the forearm and just lean my shoulder into the recoil pad and it was actually pretty darn steady! I need to do more shooting with that rifle though.

Another thing about it... PICKY as hell about barrel heat. You fire one shot and you better give it a good solid 5 minutes to cool down otherwise it will put the shot 3" above your first one. As long as shes cool, she'll stack them into a little cluster at 100 yards.

Re: Tuned the Vortek

Must be that Chromoly barrel soakin' up the heat. I guess it's a trade-off for light weight.

Back