Traditions Pursuit Pro Breech Plug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A friend of mine has an older Traditions Pursuit Pro with the two sided breech plug that's a pain in the rear to remove and put back in. I did a search and found a hex style breech plug at Old South Firearms. I emailed Traditions asking if the breech plug in the link below will fit the older pursuit pro but no one has gotten back to me. I was hoping someone here would have an answer. The description states it will fit the pursuit non accelerator which his gun is non accelerator. His plan is if this will fit his gun he will send it off to Badger Ridge for a vent liner conversion.
https://www.oldsouthfirearms.com/209hexstylebreechplug.aspx

Yes, it is the great Bobby Hull. I didn't get to see Bobby play but I grew up watching Brett and boy was he fun to watch. Both great hockey players.

And I love your star trek avatar. One of my favorite episodes.

Last edited:
Well, before the CVA QRBPs for BH209 came out. There were people hear modding the old non-QRBPs for CVA. They worked great. So in theory it should work.

It says it will fit the Pursuit non accelerator but it doesn’t say that it will fit the Pursuit Pro non accelerator. I have at least one rifle that uses that hexed breechplug so I can take some measurements if that would help?

Correct me if I'm wrong but if the hex head BP measures the same length as the older style BP it should work? I have been trying to find out if the Pursuit and the Pursuit Pro non accelerator are one in the same.

Hopefully someone from Traditions will get back to me on this.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if the hex head BP measures the same length as the older style BP it should work? I have been trying to find out if the Pursuit and the Pursuit Pro non accelerator are one in the same.

Hopefully someone from Traditions will get back to me on this.
I would think that if it’s the same length and uses the same threads you’d be fine? I have Pursuit XLT’s and Buckstalkers, the early guns used that hexed breechplug, the straight one might have been before that? The newest ones use the accelerator plug.

I received a response back from Joe at Traditions.

He advises the hex head BP will work in the Pursuit Pro. Just to be clear this Pursuit Pro came with the BP that had two flat sides and used a special wrench to remove. CatamountRob I believe the BP with the two flat sides is the original version followed by the hex head and then the accelerator.

Is there any forum that covers 'Traditions' brand? I haven't taken an opportunity to even my Vortek yet.

Is there any forum that covers 'Traditions' brand? I haven't taken an opportunity to even my Vortek yet.

Inlines covers the Traditions. They just aren't as popular. I have never owned, fired, or even handled one. I see that they have always seemed to be in the faster twist range. I just never see them where i can get one in my hands. If i do come across a 1:20 .45 Traditions at a good enough price, when i have some $ burnin a hole in my pocket i will probably pick one up just to see what it will do compared to my other guns.

Back