traditions vortek or pursuit 2xlt?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmfox

Reaction score
Hello, I have been looking at the new traditions ml. I was wondering if anyone here as one and if they like it? Dislikes? What shoots good out of them? Thanks

Traditions Pursuit XLT (no speed breech plug):

LIKES: Accurate with several different load combos. 250 gr shockwaves, 300 gr SST, 290 gr barnes TEZ have all shot well with 110 gr of BH209. I like the thumbhole stock. It has a painted camo barrel so I'm not sure how the nickel plating holds up. So far, the camo paint is holding up fine. Not too expensive for a new one.

DISLIKES: The ported barrel. It catches the sabots and leaves four distinct marks on the ones I found. It doesn't seem to affect accuracy though.

Thanks, I am currently shoothing a Rem. 700ml 50. I put a Rem 209 kit on it last season, improved the hang fires. It does get a lot of blow back and would like to "cure" that or upgrade to a new gun. I like the Remington, but would like to be able to have less of the blow back issue.

Thanks, I am currently shoothing a Rem. 700ml 50. I put a Rem 209 kit on it last season, improved the hang fires. It does get a lot of blow back and would like to "cure" that or upgrade to a new gun. I like the Remington, but would like to be able to have less of the blow back issue.

look arouind and you can find the CVA Optima Elite for around the same price maybe a little more if its a combo package. Then you would get a muzzleloader and a center fire all in one box

cell said:
Then you would get a muzzleloader and a center fire all in one box

I don't think many know this,but traditions has a center/blackpowder combo too.

Just check out their web site for some good deals.

http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/index2.asp

yah, i see that BUT they are ALOT more money. And they are not Bergara which is one of the BEST in the world.

thanks though.

Well I didn't say the combo in particular was a good deal.Lol.

As for the Bergara barrels...well my tradition's xlt shoots were I aim so I can't complain,and sense its the only muzzy I have...well I think its the best. :wink:

Latest posts

Back