This will be my target buck on next saturday

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Duster

Reaction score
Late muzzleloader comes in then in Kentucky. I have sole access to 110 very private acres that border one of our state parks. Been running a trail camera over some corn (legal in Ky to hunt over bait) we had a ice storm hit yesterday and today. I had not got over there to check the card or put out more corn until about a hour ago. Got home with card and downloaded 187 pictures taken over the past 48 hours or so. Best one to visit picture below. He better not show or I will poke a hole in him. My ground blind will be sitting under a pine tree you can see on the left side at the end of the lane about halfway down the field right over his antlers....143 ft to camera.

very nice deer, and by the look of his posture very angry in the shot!
his body posture denotes a fight is about to happen or at least a challenge.

Your right.. look at the right side of the picture and you can see another deer heading out, just part of it's rear end. I had pictures of 6 different bucks on the card. And a whole bunch of Doe's :lol:

Very nice deer. I would poke a hole in that one too.

I said next Saturday that's when season opens but I have 9 days to cross paths with him and if I got to eat my buck tag so be it.

Well, I don't see a follow up success story or picture. Does that mean you are eating tag soup?

Don't feel too bad as I am enjoying the same soup from a hunt in Canada. Next year he will be bigger!

Mtns2Hunt said:
Well, I don't see a follow up success story or picture. Does that mean you are eating tag soup?

Don't feel too bad as I am enjoying the same soup from a hunt in Canada. Next year he will be bigger!

We should swap tag soup recipes cause mine taste like crap!

All part of the game - I have a nice one on my lease I have been hunting for a couple of years - missed him with a crossbow this year. But it will be sweet when I do get him - if I do.

Latest posts

Back