The joy of shopping these days.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTY

Reaction score
I have been able to round everything I need but a nipple/breech plug wrench. I knew I would never find one specifically for the LK-93, but I thought that surely one of the local outfits would have the comparable CVA wrench. Nope. So far the only thing I have had to get online is the NECG peep. The rest of the stuff was either already in my junk box, or found one piece at a time in local stores. I have powder, caps, bullets, wads, and cleaning supplies. Now I just have to find a wrench.

I do not want to shoot the LK until I know I can get the plug out. A wrench would be a simple project, but I have a 6MM barrel in my lathe and do not have the time to chamber it. I can get the Black Diamond apart, and have been shooting it.

I just looked at Knights B Plug removal video.
I don't have a Knight- yet, but couldn't you find a suitable thin wall socket to remove the plug?

The nipple is flat on two sides. The nipple must be removed before the plug, as the plug is round with a slot for a large non tapered common screwdriver type tool.

The correct tool is hollow on one end to accept the nipple portion that the cap fits on, and slotted to fit down the flat sides of the nipple. The other end of the tool looks like a large common flat sided screwdriver.

If you hunt around you can find a tool to purchase. Another option - if you can get the nipple out, you can (likely) use a large screwdriver and get the BP out. Then just buy the new style hex head BP, and you will be able to remove it with a socket. Its a much better setup, you don't need the specific tool.

Sometimes you have to run with what you brung. I am about 30 miles from town and an hour from my shop. I go by the shop and into town once a week for tools and grub while I am building this place.

Scrounging around in the truck tool box this morning, I found ignition wrenches and a brake spoon. It may have been unconventional, but they worked. An ignition wrench fit the nipple, and the end of the spoon was big enough to fit the plug. I'll be playing this afternoon.

The hex head plug is probably a really good idea.

Sometimes you have to run with what you brung. I am about 30 miles from town and an hour from my shop. I go by the shop and into town once a week for tools and grub while I am building this place.

Scrounging around in the truck tool box this morning, I found ignition wrenches and a brake spoon. It may have been unconventional, but they worked. An ignition wrench fit the nipple, and the end of the spoon was big enough to fit the plug. I'll be playing this afternoon.

The hex head plug is probably a really good idea.

I think I might have one of the slotted plug tools around. I can look when I get home this evening.

Thanks, if you find one let me know how much and I will get payment to you.

Thanks, if you find one let me know how much and I will get payment to you.

Sorry for the delay. Been a hectic couple days. I did find the wrench for my old Wolverine. Its the one thats got the nipple wrench on one end and fits a horizontal slot on the other. I don’t anticipate shooting it again so if you want the wrench I can get it sent out though it will likely be Wednesday or Thursday next week before I can make it to the post office. If that’s acceptable send me a PM with your address and I’ll get it out to you.

Makes me miss, "the old days". When I first got into muzzleloading in the late 90's, every gun shop I went in had at least an isle full of gear and guns. I can usually find what I need online, but miss being able to browse and handle the gear.

Back