tc triumph rings and base?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finlandia1

Reaction score
I just purchased my first muzzleloader....tc triumph... i am mounting a 3-9x40 Burris fullfield II. I want to keep the scope as low as possible and was looking at the dednutz dnz (low) or the talley (low). Will these work or do i have to go to medium height? Any recommendations on mounts or ring height will be appreciated. Thanks

Grouse - Great advice! :applause:

Here's what they look like on an Omega.

IMG_0725.jpg

I used the Warne QR rings on my Triumph in the LOW height and I have plenty of room to get at the hammer, even with my gloves on.

i am going to be using the blackhorn 209 powder......would it be better to go with standard rings....with warn base rather than quick detach or the talley or dednutz one piece.... thanks for all the replies

Its personal preference. I think you need to determine what is best for your set up. Personaly I put Warne QD rings on all my muzzleloaders.

My scope is also a 40mm and fits just fine with the low height, although the maxima base is a bit higher than some of the other bases which may help.. Even with BH209, I prefer being able to remove the scope to clean the gun. I also like having a back up by leaving my open sites on the gun in case something happens to my scope while on a hunt. Lastly, not every state allows magnified scopes or even scopes at all, so I us the QD rings for that.

does the scope stay zeroed in perfect when you remove the scope with the quick detached rings?

I have the same set-up as you. I ordered the standard DedNutz and sent it back for the medium height. just not enough room to get to the hammer. The medium height seems to be just about right.

when you remove the warne qd rings...you can still use the iron sights? does the base not get in the way?

The warne base is low enough so you can see the rear and front sights very easily when you remove the scope. I have an 3 x 9 Omega mounted on my TC Triumph and prefer the high rings........but that is just me. That allows me to place the scope (long eye relief) far enough forward and still not have to remove the sights.

Back