Caribou for the brave

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black powder

Reaction score
just love hunting when the temperture drops realy low ..snow on the ground ,and a cold wind blowing on top of a mountain . tagged 2 bulls on this hunt ,oh yes the meat does not spoil , no flies around me or the meat.

url=http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=57&u=10060487]
p1010013.jpg
[/url]

very nice... that looks like a lot of fun. How close can you get to them things?

caribou are strange animals sometimes u can sneek up to them within 25 ft. ..they have good eyesight and can spot movement from far away.the big bulls are not afraid of hunters and i have seen them stand they're ground .my next challenge will be going caribou hunting with my ML .they are not hard to put down .

what dose the meat taste like? how do you get them back home do you have to cut them up in the field?

Sam208

Sam208 said:
what dose the meat taste like? how do you get them back home do you have to cut them up in the field?

Sam208

[1] caribou meat is tender , i like it more than deer but enjoy moose more

[2] we fly in by plane ,otherwise it would take us 28 hrs. by truck and we would still have to charter a float plane [no landing strip ..we land on water]
[3] yes we cut them up in 5 pieces and carry them to the "meat house"
i don't pack out the antlers anymore , i have enough hanging on the side of the shed ..

pic i took in the plane of our hunting grounds for caribou ..the trees are very rare mostly rocks and water . GPS is a must very easy to get lost up there and the nights are very cold even in late september..if u look at the left of the pic just below the cord on the planes wing u will see our camps.

black powder did you stay at a lodge with an Outfitter. My pals and I want to do this next year with our new found muzzleloaders. Great pictures. Awesome.

Latest posts

Back