• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE Southern Mountain Flintlock Rifle .45 Caliber

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Kibler Southern Mountain Flintlock Rifle
.45 Caliber
46" rifled swamped barrel
Measurements across the flats of the barrel at the muzzle is 0.740" and breach is 0.935"
Cherry wood stock
Weight about 6 3/4 Lb
Length of pull (LOP) 13.75"

In excellent condition $1,600 + actual shipping cost

Will include balls, patches and flints.

Always up for trade or partial trade for Civil War era weapons.

Kibler-1.jpg
Kibler-2.jpg
Kibler-3.jpg
Kibler-4.jpg

Last edited:
Fellers i just want to run somthing by you all real quick i just shipped a flintlock rifle through UPS that i built for a guy. only to find out i had to fill out a firearm shipping account with UPS before they would ship for me. And 4 months earlier i shipped a flint pistol had no problem so this is somthing that UPS has just started with there company and i had to attach a copy of my FFL to the firearm account paper work i filled out. And by ATF rules and regulations they dont even consider a flintlock a firearm . This is just somthing UPS has took upon themselves to do its crazy and fedex is doing the same thing i see just wanted to pass this along and see if anyone else has run into this yet?

I still ship MLs USPS Priority without any problems, i just talked to the clerk and she called her boss. They said yep no problem. It has to go ‘Signature Required’ so Priority it is. The only thing they said is that the receiver has to be legal to accept it. So 18 and older.

Back