Knight Disk 656c .45

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k

Reaction score
what can you kind folks tell me about this particular m/l. i believe it takes the orange disks,i just won one :D thanks....karl

Yes it is the Original Disc 45...uses the Orange discs. Should shoot fine.
Enjoy....
Spit

Got to be honest...I never owned an Original Disc 45
I hear they are finicky about what they eat...but once you find it they are good shooters.

I will defer to someone who has one.....

thank you reese!!!I just went out to the shop and took out of the box,cleaned the bore, marked my range rod ,loosened up handle and it is indeed a 1/20 twist :lol: could'nt be happier.picked this up on gunbroker for $100 NIB :) let the fun begin. hope i can find a bare primer conversion for it.does any one know if this will shoot bh209 as it came in the box?thanks again...karl

k said:
thank you reese!!!I just went out to the shop and took out of the box,cleaned the bore, marked my range rod ,loosened up handle and it is indeed a 1/20 twist :lol: could'nt be happier.picked this up on gunbroker for $100 NIB :) let the fun begin. hope i can find a bare primer conversion for it.does any one know if this will shoot bh209 as it came in the box?thanks again...karl

Karl,

You got a whale of a deal on that rifle. I was watching that one, but he always had a reserve, until the last listing. Congratulations on picking that up. I don't have the whole rifle, but I bought just the barreled receiver w/sights in SS and added my stock, trigger, Extreme bolt, and NFPJ conversion.

I have been toying around with some sabotless loads, and the 1:20 twist just might be about perfect for that. My bore is .453" in this rifle, my Elite is .452", and that little one thousandth of an inch seems like a mile. A bullet that nearly drops down the .453", can be a NO-GO in the .452".

I originally bought this 1:20 barrel to stabilize the 200 gr .358" FTX in a .357" orange PR/MMP sabot, which it does, but the barnes 195 gr shoots outstanding in it. The problem with the PR/MMP sabots in this hot weather, is they fail with the 120 gr Magnum loads once the barrel gets heated up.

Have you slugged your bore? Just curious what that blued barrel measures?

I have a White .451 cal in the 1:20 twist, so I figured I would be able to find something that would work in the Knight. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much as far as saboted bullets, knowing that Knight & T/C replaced probably thousands of these 1:20 twist .45 cal barrels with 1:30 & 1:28 barrels.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well it shot some of the saboted bullets. I will also be doing more sabotless testing in the near future, the heat just don't seem to bother that type of shooting, and it is fun.

The only bare primer conversion that will work in it is the Extreme NFPJ conversion. You would also need a Disc Extreme bolt as well. You will be happy to know that the orange DISC has been reported to work with BH209, although I have no personal experience with them and BH209. I do have lots of experience with the Disc Extreme NFPJ conversion, and it works great.

Good luck with your new rifle.

thanks busta, just got back from the camp-soaking wet,took this new knight out with a bunch of lane's vials loaded with 100g vol. bh209 and 200g sst's with supplied sabots.open sights @55yds.i shoot about 4" group,my friend joe shoots 1".can'nt wait to get it scoped and get the conversion kit for it,with a scope i can almost beat him :D .i dont know the actual bore dia. but i did take a.452 xtp and it went right in with a short slap on the starter,pushed it a little farther and it slid down by itself....karl

K, I've come up with a way that you don't have to put out the money for the conversion kit if you don't want to. I took the original bolt, put a slot in it to pull it back, and use a breech plug for the extreem conversion. You will need to take a 1/2 of a hair off the face of the bolt (I used a demel) and I mean just a very little bit so the bolt will close all the way. i prime and deprime with a knight priming tool. I also get less blow back with this than using the conversion.
blowback004.jpg

blowback002.jpg

thanks for the info,a new bolt and breech plug costs as much as i spent on the gun.i should'nt complain,what a deal!...karl

Back