Scope rings/bases, heights, availability . . . And suggestions??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John0313

Reaction score
Hello all, new to the board, but not to Whites.

I’m looking for some thoughts/suggestions/experiences with scope and mounts on the G-series rifles. I have a .504 Bison with a Leupold 2-7 in Warne mounts and QD rings I have had since the ‘90s. Shoots like what we have come to expect from Whites.

I recently purchasd a .504 M-97 Whitetail Hunter (always wanted stainles) with no scope mounts, etc.

I had originally thought that I’d swap the scope & mounts from the Bison to the M97, but yesterday when I was shooting them both, I remembered that the current setup on the Bison is pretty high, requiring a high cheek weld on the stock. I’m toying with the idea of getting a new Leupold 3-9 Muzzleloader scope for the M97, but really want a lower scope setup that feels more natural when I throw the rifle up to my shoulder.

Does anyone else have scopes with a 40mm objective on their rifles, and what scope/mounts are they using??

PS - I noticed that my M97 with the “Bo Clerke“ barrel is a bit more “generous” in bore size than my trusty old Bison. Is .5045 a better size for bullets for that rifle?

Thanks in Advance-

John

Latest posts

Back