Rayhill Stocks

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HokieHunter

Reaction score
I'm looking seriously at one of Kevin Rayhill's custom stocks for my 10ML-II. He can mold in an aluminum sleeve for a ramrod that incorporates a ball-detent assembly to secure the ramrod. I've not seen this design; does anyone have any experience with it or his stocks, in general?

I spoke with Kevin last night for about an hour. What a great guy...very enthustiastic about his products and the industry in general. I'm just not very familiar.

Sounds and looks great. Something that I have been looking for. What kind of pricing are they talking about?

Prices are on the website, and it depends upon to what extent the stock is finished. Anywhere from $266 to three and some change.

Hokie, Do you know what the weight is VS the laminate? And will he bed it?

He definitely will bed it, and he offers what I would call a complete 10ML-II "job," where he adds a third pillar to the bedding block, drills and taps the receiver, adds the ramrod sleeve, and beds the stock.

I'm not sure about the weight. He did mention that they were lighter than the laminates, but I didn't ask about the weight.

lighter than the laminates,Thats what I needed to know.I will call him. I am wanting to do away with my sons plastic stock.That will be a late spring project. I hear his work is top shelf.

HokieHunter said:
He definitely will bed it, and he offers what I would call a complete 10ML-II "job," where he adds a third pillar to the bedding block, drills and taps the receiver, adds the ramrod sleeve, and beds the stock.

I'm not sure about the weight. He did mention that they were lighter than the laminates, but I didn't ask about the weight.
I have a fully done ML-2 from him as well as other guns. His synthetic stocks are very light and rigid.

HokieHunter said:
SW, are you happy with the workmanship? Was your stock bedded by him?
Yes and yes. He put in a SSS comp trigger, bedded it, 3rd pillared, timed the action(improper wording). I've used both Fred and Kevin. Sorry to hear about the departure of ways. See my latest post on Doug's board. RB's work is right there also, AND he has his excellently designed breechplug and contracted Pac Nor 45s.

SW said:
HokieHunter said:
Yes and yes. He put in a SSS comp trigger, bedded it, 3rd pillared, timed the action(improper wording). I've used both Fred and Kevin. Sorry to hear about the departure of ways. See my latest post on Doug's board. RB's work is right there also, AND he has his excellently designed breechplug and contracted Pac Nor 45s.
Are you RBs new salesman? LOL!!!!

Tar-12 said:
SW said:
HokieHunter said:
Are you RBs new salesman? LOL!!!!
No, I just really enjoy shooting the 45 and getting the extreme accuracy and lower recoil. After nearly 7 years of shooting smokeless and 1000s of shots, I just enjoy the consistency and accuracy. Though I am in awe of the accuracy and ability to shoot as quickly as I can reload with the Parkers, I will likely primarily shoot 200SSTs which still group well under MOA, are great to 300yds, likely more, are fast and very flat shooting, AND have low recoil. RB does supply a uniquely designed product.

SW, does your Rayhill stock have that ramrod sleeve installed? I'm trying to decide whether to go with that or just leave it out and carry the ramrod.

If you do have it, how does it work?

HokieHunter said:
SW, does your Rayhill stock have that ramrod sleeve installed? I'm trying to decide whether to go with that or just leave it out and carry the ramrod.

If you do have it, how does it work?
I have 2 Rayhill stocks: a 223 and a 6PPC. He redid my Lam stocked ML-2. Bedded, 3rd pillared, etc. I would not have a ramrod installed.

Back