• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE Probable Ripoff alert

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsasc

Reaction score
As you guys know I posted on here looking for a Knight in 45 caliber 1 and 20 twist. I also posted on Gray beard outdoors in the muzzle loader section. I got a message today saying I got a buddy that's selling a super disk And an email address to contact this person. I contacted him and he sent me pictures and said he wanted a super low price for this gun. I said yes I'm very interested send me your address and I'll send you a money order. He proceeded to say that he would not accept the money order he wanted people friends or venmo. I proceeded to talk to him a couple more times on the email And questioned where he was located Because his friend said he was in Texas. He was not in Texas hes in Maryland. He sent me a phone number so that I could call him but then he proceeded to say then he proceeded to say with the phone number I have in my possession that he couldn't accept phone calls right now he just could text. I went back to greybeard and pulled up the guy's name that sent me the initial message message it showed that he hadjoined 4 days ago and he was already banned. So I'm just alerting people out there if you run across somebody that has a super 45 knight thumbhole fluted barrel 1 and 20 twist For sale at a really amazing price..... Fire beware.

Jacobzx
Registered
Joined 4 d ago
1 Posts
8 h ago
New
Hi if your still looking, I can help out with a lead, you can reach out to Matthew in texas he has the 38 Special carbide dies for sale this is his email address [email protected] good luck This is the same MO they all use I just got this one on Greybeard I put put this WTB on several sights as I just bought a 38 S&W model 14 Masterpiece

Funny, I have an ad on Gunpost in Canada looking for a super disc in 1:20 I`ll keep an eye out.

Gunpost gets a lot of scammers trolling the wanted section and I had a conversation with the owner of the site. He told me that the scammers look as though they are in Canada but in actual fact they are from all over the globe. It is startlingly easy for a scammer in another country to set up an identity in the target country including email and local phone numbers. A lot of the sale sites like Gunpost run software to identify scammers but they can change identities and be back again in minutes.

If it passes the original smell tests (these obviously didn't), google image search the photos. A lot of the times they will come back to legitimate sales on other forums. The bogus seller just stole the picture for his ad.

report him to the site...I got scammed on a Marlin 1895SBL a couple years ago. Sent a MO and never got the rifle! Cops couldn't do anything as much as they tried.

Latest posts

Back