petroceli 50 cal hawken lock and trigger assembly

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stagecoach

Reaction score
i need some help i have a side lock , hawken kit that i put together the trigger has been awful from day one i finaly decidded to take it apart i read up on it i did not take the lock or hammer assemby apart i did back out on the middle adjustment scew between triggers, also all the way in also went in and out with spring adjustment at the rear of set trigger i read where they are known to install screws that are not long enough to make a adjustment on travel for front trigger my problem now is i cant get it to release the hammer all the time does anyone know what wouid be a good starting point position for adjustment screws any help appriciated

You may want to pull the lock off the gun and check how it functions.
The sear arm might be making contact with something inside the mortise.
If the lock works ok out of the stock, I would say to take a magic marker and sorta paint the sear, reinstall and check if the marker makes any contact with wood. Then you can sand or file any interference.

You may want to pull the lock off the gun and check how it functions.
The sear arm might be making contact with something inside the mortise.
If the lock works ok out of the stock, I would say to take a magic marker and sorta paint the sear, reinstall and check if the marker makes any contact with wood. Then you can sand or file any interference.
before i removed the lock , trigger assembly it worked , just couldn't get a good adjustment on trigger the middle scew bottomed out . the rear screw if i am right adjust the spring tension on rear trigger also i did clean the wood up. i will check it again i can't visualy see anything wrong with it

you are right i had it spelled wrong, anyway ,, thanks
I wasn't trying to correct your spelling. I wanted to know the make, to better help you.
There are some oddball European gun makers and I had no idea if this was one of them.

p.s. How did you find the kit? I've been trying to find a Pedersoli Hawken kit for a friend of mine.

before i removed the lock , trigger assembly it worked , just couldn't get a good adjustment on trigger the middle scew bottomed out . the rear screw if i am right adjust the spring tension on rear trigger also i did clean the wood up. i will check it again i can't visualy see anything wrong with it

Attachments

• page_352.pdf
    436.3 KB · Views: 0
deermanok thanks this is helpfull was able understand the works better, i was able to get it going

Latest posts

Back