Jst wondering ????

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The White inline muzzle loader is a stand up product. The Company no longer exists (not that it has any bearing). The current trend is for enclosed breech 209 primer muzzle loaders. That is a first gen plunger type and open breech - looks like it is an old school #11 cap. #11 won't reliably set off 777, and that is one on many BP substitutes that need a hot flame to ensure ignition.

Absolutely nothing wrong with it - its just....so......yesterday.

Hakx

really nice wood pattern on that stock! The finish on it sucks, looks blotchy. I'd love to get that sucker and strip it down.

Question: Every white i see has the plunger handle on the left side of the stock. Why?

That's a G-series (or at least it only has one action retaining screw) and the price is just a little high for a g-series. Might be a good rifle though.

#11 caps will reliably ignite TripleSe7en powder, especially if using the magnum strength or RWS caps. But nothing works more reliably in any muzzleloader than true black powder. Swiss shoots pretty clean and ignition is instantaneous.

FG, you've seen mostly Whitetails and 97s then. The Lightning has the cocking piece/safety arrangement reversed. The 91 and 98 have a pull cock.

The rifle is basically ambidextrous but operating that lever with the left hand becomes totally natural - and after all it IS a muzzleloader. It isn't like you have to work a bolt to reload. :) The notched secondary safety on a 97 style White is the simplest, best safety there is.

hakx said:
The White inline muzzle loader is a stand up product. The Company no longer exists (not that it has any bearing). The current trend is for enclosed breech 209 primer muzzle loaders. That is a first gen plunger type and open breech - looks like it is an old school #11 cap. #11 won't reliably set off 777, and that is one on many BP substitutes that need a hot flame to ensure ignition.

Hakx

WHUT?!?! :shock:

Have you ever owned, or shot one?! :shock:

they are from the older days yes, i even seen some on the Antiques road show from time to time. I still want one.

hakx said:

Hakx

Hakx,

The White #11 system will set off 777 loose powder VERY RELIABLY! Now if you are talking about 777 pellets, you might have a point, but your blanket statement about the #11 and 777 is wrong. They will also light off Pyrodex pellets very reliably, as they have the added HOLY BLACK bonded to one end. The only sub I have found to date, other than the 777 pellets would be BH209 for unreliable ignition. ALL the loose powders, Black Powder, Black Canyon, Clean Shot, Clear Shot, Black Mag, American Pioneer Powder, Shockeys Gold, Pyrodex, Pinnacle, Triple Se7en, never had a problem.

I have had 209 primers not light 777 pellets with 100% reliability, but I think it has more to do with the pellets themselves.

I would venture to say that White has the most efficient #11 system ever. It has a one-piece hardened nippled breech plug that has a large concave powder well, and a very short path to the powder since the nipple needs no threads.

Batchief909 said:
hakx said:

Hakx

Perhaps the #11 comment was a little to broad of a brush stroke. :oops:

hakx said:
Batchief909 said:
hakx said:

Hakx

:huh?: Not really sure what you mean. I think that they are a great line......apparently you don't? (yes / no).

No really sure which way you're swinging here.

Hakx,

He has several Whites, and although his preferred powder is Swiss, the majority of the White shooters probably shoot 777 loose powder.

I own 3 Whites, 2 rifles and 1 shotgun, all with #11 ignition. I have shot more 777 FFFG and FFG through those than you can shake a stick at, and is my preferred powder in the Whites.

Then answer dphobby's question. Why do you think nobody's bidding on that white?

dphobby said:
Why nobody is bidding on this one, Seems like a reasonable price for a one of a kind rifle ????

http://www.auctionarms.com/Search/Displ ... um=9355117

There are several people that have never even heard of a White, let alone seen one or shot one. Then you have people that have heard of them, but have no understanding of the White Shooting System.

This rifle COULD be a proto, but my guess is it is one of Doc's Kit rifles. They were available with Walnut or Myrtle stocks. When these were starting to dry up, they painted most of them, probably because the Myrtle was less desirable than the walnut. The Kit's were aboput $200 for Myrtle, and $220 for the Walnut IIRC. These were Stainless, but not bead blasted like the G-Series that was offered in a black synthetic B&C stock like mine.

I am sure it is a good rifle, if I was in the market for one, it would be worth the $250 starting price, but the $300 BIN price is probably a little high. He does claim it is unfired, but it also has no markings on the rifle. If someone thinks they want it, they better bid, they aren't making any more of them.

Here is a bad picture of mine, and two of the sight without the guts. The sight might answer FG's question as well. The cocking lever on the left is actually a very good design. You can keep your right hand on the wrist of the stock with your trigger finger close while rendering the rifles cocking lever safe or fire with your left. It also has a thumb safety on the right side.

011-6.jpg

SAFE
002-3.jpg

FIRE
001-5.jpg

Thanks for clearin' that up, Busta. 8)

hakx,,,,,I've got a few White Super 91s, and cast my own bullets for such, and several folks on here have shot 'em with great success. I no longer have any other muzzleloaders except a .45 custom flintlock that I won't part with.

The White you posted is way overpriced. Otherwise I can assure you,,another DWB would have already snatched it up. 8)

Latest posts

Back