PayPal Warning From CLA

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kentucky Colonel

Reaction score
<table style="word-wrap: normal; width: 887px;" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tr><td style="width: 887px; height: 418px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;" align="center" valign="top"><table style="word-wrap: normal; width: 600px;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="600"><tr><td style="text-align: center;" align="center" valign="top"><table style="word-wrap: normal; table-layout: fixed; width: 600px;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tr><td style="width: 600px;" valign="top" width="600"><table style="word-wrap: normal; width: 600px;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tr><td valign="top"><table style="word-wrap: normal; table-layout: fixed; width: 600px;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tr><td style="width: 600px; height: 417.9375px; text-align: justify;" align="left" valign="top">Hello Membership,
We recently emailed you regarding some scammers on the CLA Sale Site. We recommended that you use PayPal for your transactions so that you know you have received your funds before sending out any products. It has recently come to our attention that PayPal has a strict policy against the selling of weapons. They consider Muzzleloader's a firearm and will lock your account and freeze your funds for several weeks if they discover that your transaction involved a firearm. We do not recommend you use PayPal for any transactions that involve a muzzleloader/weapon. For now continue to monitor your transactions and screen any potential buyers who contact you and we will keep you informed as to the best way to go about selling on the CLA sale site.
Thank you,
Ashley Owen
Administrative Assistant 
Contemporary Longrifle Association
</td></tr></table></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>​

It won't affect me. I used Paypal one time and they tried to screw me with a non-authorized charge.

I do absolutely no transactions through them.

Good information.......and we thought big brother would be the government, not private enterprise.......but it makes sense. :slaps:

I use PayPal all the time and have for a few years now... maybe not anymore?!?!

Paypal has always been anti-gun.  Basically what your doing by using Paypal is to subsidize a company that is looking to take away your right to own a firearm. Why use them?

Latest posts

Back