Simmons Pro Hunter line

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I can tell you about Simmons products is, they have surprised the snot out of me. I was kind of leary of them. Then reading posts by Semisane and others on the Pro Diamond, I figured I would try some Simmons products. The Pro Hunter is the next class of scope up from what I am using. I even have a Pro Sport (bottom of the pole) on a rifle and have not been able to shake it apart yet.

The Simmons Pro Diamond scopes have impressed me so much that I have them mounted on a couple inlines. They have great eye relief, good glass, they draw light real well, and so far have been tuff as nails. I am shooting a 4x32mm and a 2.5x20mm and really like both scopes so far.

I really can not tell you about the Pro Hunter. But if they follow the lines of their less expensive brothers, I would not be afraid to try them. Just check their eye relief before you purchase one. I like 4 inches, I am happy with 3.8 inches.

i have an old 3x9x40 wide angle prohunter on my omega. i must have around 1000 rounds through it and it still works fine. i always think about upgradeing to a leupold or nikon but then i think why this thing works fine. i took a doe this year in the rain a few mins. before closing time at 86yards, if that says anything.

I know this is a muzzle loader forum

Ive had 2 pro hunter 3x9x44mm on my 10/22 both them had the cross hairs broke in them.

Sam208

sam209 I am curious.. What if anything did Simmons have for an explaination when you sent these scopes back to them?

I have a $19.00 Simmons 2.5x20 on a Wolverine. Its takes about 100 rounds now and is still going strong. I would have thought that if a scope was going to fail it would have done so by now.

Also, how many rounds do you think you put through them before the cross hairs broke?

they took care of them fast i had to send them in and about aweek are two later i had another new scope.

Sam208

one only took about 50 and the other went maybe a 1000 shots

Sam208

Latest posts

Back