Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Picked up an MGM 45 cal Encore barrel this season with 1-20 twist and a brake. Drew a hunt in Panther Swamp NWR. Killed a nice buck. Havent hunted with a muzzleloader in 15 years. Boy a lot has changed. Using Arrowhead bullets and Blackhorn 209 I'm now getting sub MOA groups at 100 yards. Never knew that was possible with a muzzleloader. Been hunting and playing with rifles for on 50 years now. Mainly deer hunt now but enjoy turkey occassionaly. Still do a lot of small game early and late season. Avid trapper mainly targeting nest predators and coyotes.

Picked up an MGM 45 cal Encore barrel this season with 1-20 twist and a brake. Drew a hunt in Panther Swamp NWR. Killed a nice buck. Havent hunted with a muzzleloader in 15 years. Boy a lot has changed. Using Arrowhead bullets and Blackhorn 209 I'm now getting sub MOA groups at 100 yards. Never knew that was possible with a muzzleloader. Been hunting and playing with rifles for on 50 years now. Mainly deer hunt now but enjoy turkey occassionaly. Still do a lot of small game early and late season. Avid trapper mainly targeting nest predators and coyotes.
Welcome!
-------------------------------------
p.s. Mostly 'rats and mink trappin' in my earliiest of days. Was never very good at fooling fox.

Latest posts

Back