Iowa youth season, My sons first deer!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My son recieved a T/C Triumph for Christmas. We have been practicing all summer and it has finally paid off.

We were sitting with our backs to a standing corn field on the edge of a terrace facing a small grazing area next to the timber. A large doe steps out of the woods about 6:00 pm. She stops to munch on some corn about 30 yards away. My son puts the crosshairs were he needs too and pulls the trigger. We both knew she was hit good when she stumbled 10 yards from where she was standing and ran only another twenty yards into the timber.

This picture was taken with a cell phone so the quality is not great.

WhBaEVI.jpg

The shoot looks high and back but we were up high on a terrace and the doe was quartering away from us. The bullet exited low on her right shoulder and took out both lungs and clipped the top of the heart. My son couldn't have placed his shot any better. I was very proud of him because we have discussed shot placement many times and he did an outstanding job.

This was a great hunt and both of us can't wait to do it again.

T/C .50 cal Triumph
Nikon Omega BDC scope
80 gr. BH209
250 gr. Knight PBT EZ-load all copper bullet

Man!! that is a nice doe he shot there. She should be excellent eating.
Congratulations of taking a nice deer and making it count when the time was there, young man. Way to go dad on taking the time to teach your son something. Just spending quality time with the boy is great also. The meat and memories are a bonus.

Awesome Awesome Awesome! I love seeing kids having successful hunts! 8)

Great looking deer, keep huntin with your son, so you don't have to hunt for him later. You did a good job teaching him and anyone can tell he learned well by the picture.

Thats a lucky young man, a triumph, a deer and a proud papa.
Congrads.

Latest posts

Back