New from PA

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenhills

Reaction score
A new Lancaster County resident, moved during the pandemic and have been delighted by the opportunities my new state offers for the hunter. Smokeless experience precedes my time in the Army, but largely in abeyance the last few years, for lack of places to shoot legally. Joined a club with outdoor ranges and shoot mostly with my son, hunting deer, turkey, and pheasant. Pretty basic outfit, one old .303 I bought like new for twenty dollars a few decades back and a side-by-side twelve gauge.

Decided to try black powder when I found a Traditions Pennsylvania Pellet flintlock rifle. Started my prep reading Dave Ehrig’s “Muzzleloading for Deer and Turkey,” and have been starting from first principles: patched balls, 2FF/4FF black powder and lots of attention to detail. Like many students of history, I had read about flintlock rifles, but am greatly enjoying the experience of learning to shoot one, and looking forward to my first black powder season.

A new Lancaster County resident, moved during the pandemic and have been delighted by the opportunities my new state offers for the hunter. Smokeless experience precedes my time in the Army, but largely in abeyance the last few years, for lack of places to shoot legally. Joined a club with outdoor ranges and shoot mostly with my son, hunting deer, turkey, and pheasant. Pretty basic outfit, one old .303 I bought like new for twenty dollars a few decades back and a side-by-side twelve gauge.

Decided to try black powder when I found a Traditions Pennsylvania Pellet flintlock rifle. Started my prep reading Dave Ehrig’s “Muzzleloading for Deer and Turkey,” and have been starting from first principles: patched balls, 2FF/4FF black powder and lots of attention to detail. Like many students of history, I had read about flintlock rifles, but am greatly enjoying the experience of learning to shoot one, and looking forward to my first black powder season.
Welcome.:)

I grew up in Clinton County.

Welcome fro Northampton County. My wife and I go to Lancaster pretty frequently. We mostly go to Green Dragon on Friday’s and then the Amish area around Kitchen Kettle.

Welcome from Washington. Black powder is not really my thing but it the only thing allowed in the people's republic of washington. JK

Latest posts

Back