Triple Se7en Primers

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've tried all kinds of primers with T7 powder. Did absolutely nothing for my groups or crud ring. I switched to Pyrodex P powder and got measurable benefits. More shots without swabbinb, no more crud ring. Supreme accuracy and consistency and costs 50% less than T7. It's the only powder I use in my inlines (T/C, White, Knight). You might want to give it a try if you haven't already, but check with your owners manual first.

Thanks for the replies. Iam going to try them in the next day or two,hopefully. I will post my results here.

Of all of the primers I've tried, T-7's were the dirtiest of the lot. In my one in-line, a Lyman Mustang, CCI's are the cleanest.

Best just to try them yourself. From what I've read and experienced, results very greatly. I tried the 777 primers and had noticeable crud ring, others had a different experience. Same can be said for the rem primers.

I tried the 777 primers with the 777 2f loose powder. I got less of a crud ring with them than i did with the regular winchester 209 primers. i would say about the same as with the remington kleenbore primers, however not the blowback like i get with the remingtons.

Anyone try the winchester 209 muz primers? Those are working well for me...not as much power as the standard W209's

double brow

I normally shoot and really like Remington 209-4 primer, but they are no longer available.

I also shoot Winchester T7 primers only because I can buy them for $2 @ Wal-Mart - If I had to pay full price I would not buy them.

The T7 primer has functioned just fine for me, they are not that noticibly cleaner than others, but they do set the load off just fine. I have not used them in coooold weather yet.

I also shoot T7-2f powder.

I didn't realize the T7 primers are a Winchester product I think the ones I have been trying are just called muz 209 primers...but I have yet to have one throw anything in my face,and that's a plus.

Latest posts

Back