new accura v2 questions

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powderman

Reaction score
Just got this from cabelas, a new accura v2 /w  konus pro 3x10-44. Unfortunately I might have to call and see about an exchange because my scope seems to have been manufactured improperly. I have never used an illuminated reticle but on the higher settings there is a huge glow on the edges of the tube which makes those settings useless. Also, there seems to be a flap peeling off the inside of the scope which definitely doesn't look right.

Maybe this is me being picky but I noticed is there is galling to the top right of the firing pin bushing (shown in picture); and though a little harder to see there are also circular marks going over the bushing that sort of look like someone kept trying to slam the action closed with the breech plug not screwed in all the way. 

It's my first CVA gun so I'm not sure what kind of quality to expect but in you gents experience are these things common in CVA guns? I really want to call and get an exchange but if all the guns are like this there might not be a point to it..

img_2010.jpg

img_2012.jpg

Yeah the scope is toast. Konus will replace it free of charge however if you give them a call. The frame IMO isn't worth sending back. Once you start firing it, that finish will come off inside of that area. Its just a paint coating which doesn't handle the pressure of the breech plug hitting it.

Watch these videos, this is a tune up, but you'll see me point out the finish issue.
https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com/t8861-cva-head-space-adjustment-how-to-videos

Welcome to the forum as well!

Jonathan

Hey thanks for the reply. I'll give Konus a call but from their website it looks like I would have to pay shipping whereas cabelas shipped the gun to me already with a return label. Besides the little set back the gun feels and looks great. Nice videos by the way I might give those shims a try after a couple of range trips. By the way you just made me order one of those tipton vices, lol.

If it was me i'd exchange it with Cabelas. It will be free, and faster than sending the scope to Konus. You may not want to shoot the gun without the scope, so you might as well just get a whole new gun.

I agree the scrape mark is nothing to worry about, but another gun probably won't have it. I've had 8 CVA's, and they didn't have it.

Back