Remington Genesis Problem

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkey

Reaction score
Had this gun for a year...gun is spick and span clean...the flap cover that goes over the primer is wanting to hang after a shot...and this is with it clean before I shoot...never had this problem till this week...I took it apart and cleanned it really well just to double check it...I am shooting blackhorn 209 and CCI M 209. I am talking clean gun first shot....wants to hang and not open...beat it get it open and clean it real good...shoot again and same thing....This is the only down fall to the gun...I have found it to be a real shooter with about any ammo choice I have put in it though...I sure like the optimas the more I look at them!

On my Genesis, the locking pin will get a little stiff, but if you take the part that folds over and holds the firing pin off, those pins can come out, and be cleaned. They are almost spring like. I really don't know what to tell you as mine works fine. Granted sometimes it can get a little stiff when it gets dirty, but I just wipe it off and its back to business as usual.

Make sure you have your plug treaded in completely. If not the pressure of the shot going off will push the primer back and make it stick.

I've never experienced it after each shot-and never with BH. W/777 or Pyrodex it'll get 'sticky' after 5 or 6 shots. But a simple swipe with a damp patch corrects it.

Hope this helps

I haven't tried the full-power primers with the B209 yet, but I've experienced a bit of what you're talking about with Pyrodex and the Win777 primers. It's never been bad enough to keep me from flipping it open, it's just a bit harder than usual.

I've had this happen with my Genisis when I fail to clean the flame channel with a small drill bit after a few shots. It must push the primer back because of the "now" smaller flame channel. I had to almost use a hammer to open the breach sometimes.

Now I run the drill bit (by hand) into the flame channel of the breach plug after every few shots and never have an issue again.

Latest posts

Back