Where to buy 510x125 shot cards?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oregonelkhunter

Reaction score
I want to try these with .530 Bull shop 460gr. conicals in my TC Renegade, 50cal GMB. What is the best on-line source and is there a make or model??? that is recommended. Thanks, in advance, OEH.

Thanks SabotLoader.

That was the other site i lost the last time i reformatted my computer. I missed a few things in the backup.

They do have great pricing and the "shot CARDS", which are slightly different in thickness and material. I was just using 2 .060 fiber wads with a dab of Lyman moly in between them when needed but those cards are much cheaper.

The Nitro wads are really good too and can handle smokeless heat/pressure. I apply a small amount of lube to the bullet side and stick it on flat based conicals. They are actually made for shotguns but the 28 gauge Nitro works fine for 50-54cals.

Recoil seems to be cushioned a bit too with a slightly thicker wad but it could all be in my head.

Thanks guys and yes, sabotloader I meant to say .503. Just got my order from Dan at Bullshop - they look great. Thanks, OEH.

"I apply a small amount of lube to the bullet side and stick it on flat based conicals."

This is exactly OPPOSITE of what I would do. A better idea would be to wipe the bullet base dry, and INSERT IGNORE a paper disk between the bullet and OP wad to prevent it from sticking. The bullet's base is its steering end, and if the wads stick/drop off at different distances, you will see flyers in your groups. A paper disk weighs a lot less than the nitro card, and can be see fluttering in the air, not far from the muzzle, after the shot....many years of BPCRS experience here.

Latest posts

Back