LR Customs MZ Rex

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
May not be the spot to post this but has anyone recently ordered a brake from Levi’s MZ-Rex brakes for one of Mark’s barrels or other?
I ordered and paid for one the first week of December and can’t reach him to inquire about the brake or where it’s at. I’ve tried calling, texting, email and FB messenger and nada.

I was thinking about ordering one. Thanks for letting us know. You might text Jeff Fisk & see if he knows if Levi is OK?

Not recently, Boone, but the one I ordered early last year took quite a while. And, I didn’t find him terribly responsive, so your experience doesn’t surprise me at all.

Levi is having trouble with his internet server and phone system. He's attempting to change. Also, his whole family was extremely ill and that took its toll. He's behind, but his work is impeccable. His brake, top of the line.
May not be the spot to post this but has anyone recently ordered a brake from Levi’s MZ-Rex brakes for one of Mark’s barrels or other?
I ordered and paid for one the first week of December and can’t reach him to inquire about the brake or where it’s at. I’ve tried calling, texting, email and FB messenger and nada.
He'll get back to me...............

Levi is having trouble with his internet server and phone system. He's attempting to change. Also, his whole family was extremely ill and that took its toll. He's behind, but his work is impeccable. His brake, top of the line.

He just reached out but not sure if someone else made contact first. When I ordered he told me he and his family had just got over COVID and I ordered at a great time as he planned to spend the weekend getting orders out. So I thought I’d have it before Xmas.

Then I talked to him the first of the year and I thought it was going out within a day or two. Still hadn’t. I understand life and have never cared to wait for good products but hate being ignored with no confirmation or explanation.

I was thinking about ordering one. Thanks for letting us know. You might text Jeff Fisk & see if he knows if Levi is OK?

I’ve used several of his brakes on rigs I’ve got from Jeff and they are worth the wait! But last time I talked to Mark, I felt like I was holding barrels up as he stated everyone was sending stuff in and he was going to send a batch over for nitride finish.
Been waiting on a Brux Omega barrel for about a year now and not wanting to hold them up, any longer

I’ve used several of his brakes on rigs I’ve got from Jeff and they are worth the wait! But last time I talked to Mark, I felt like I was holding barrels up as he stated everyone was sending stuff in and he was going to send a batch over for nitride finish.
Been waiting on a Brux Omega barrel for about a year now and not wanting to hold them up, any longer
Well darn it, stop holding us up Boone! 🤣

Nah, I know Mark sends a batch every month for nitriding, so I doubt you’re holding up the whole batch.

loved mine

Well not sure what the hell! He did reach out and said he’d get it out within a few days and provide me tracking. Hasn’t happened yet…

I refused to buy one from Hankins because he ordered one to just copy Levi’s design but now, kinda wishing I had. I know I’d have had it in a few days, instead of the few months this is turning into!

So if any of you are in a hurry, I highly recommend buying one from Jeff Hankins, at this point!

Well not sure what the hell! He did reach out and said he’d get it out within a few days and provide me tracking. Hasn’t happened yet…

I refused to buy one from Hankins because he ordered one to just copy Levi’s design but now, kinda wishing I had. I know I’d have had it in a few days, instead of the few months this is turning into!

So if any of you are in a hurry, I highly recommend buying one from Jeff Hankins, at this point!
don't understand why people get on here and trash a buisness, because they are not" johnnie on the spot"

I had my Remington UML converted to .45 Smokeless by Levi. It took a little longer than I hoped but I am very happy with the end product . I would recommend him to anyone, just need to be patient. Encore you tipped me off to him thru several posts...Thanks for indirectly recommending him to me and for all of your great info in the muzzle loading world.

Latest posts

Back