Leupold VX-3L/Durasight Low Mount/CVA Accura V2-w/Pics

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently purchased a CVA Accura V2, and while considering the optics options for this rifle, I went back and forth on a 40mm vs. 50mm objective scope.

The CVA Accura V2 comes with a Durasight Dead On scope mount (base & rings), which are medium height. I personally believe in the "mount the scope as low as you are able to", so I searched high and low on the web to determine what I could do to maximize the low scope mount + large objective diameter combination to get the best performance. I couldn't find what I was looking for, so I am posting this thread for those searching for the same information.

In the end, I decided on the Leupold VX-3L 3.5-10x50mm and Durasight Dead On scope mount in LOW HEIGHT. I did not know if the ocular bell would interfere with the hammer, but I took the chance as I couldn't find the real world answer anywhere.

I am happy to report that after mounting the new hardware and scope with some purple Loctite, this combination is a great fit and the scope does not interfere with the hammer. The ocular bell clears the hammer by 3/16" - 1/4".

One word of warning, however, do not confuse the Leupold VX-3L (which I have and successfully mounted on the rifle) with the Leupold VX-3. The Leupold VX-3 L has a uniquely shaped objective bell which allows for the low mounting, which the VX-3 does not.

If you have any questions, let me know.

P

Attachments

• Image764577758.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 966
  • Image-1113205789.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 957
  • Image1368051666.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 957
That's a really nice looking setup you have there. Should be a great machine.

That's a nice combo there. I mounted a Zeiss 3x9x50 on mine.the ocular bell has just enough clearance between it and the barrel for the factory bikini scope cover.
With the medium mount the comb is about perfect for me.

Thanks for the post! Whish it would have seen it earlier. I ordered the Leupold VX-3L in 4.5-14 x 50 for my Accura V2 LR. Wasn't sure the low durasight rings would work, so I hadn't ordered them yet. Scope came in today & I just ordered the low rings for it.

THE DEER HUNTER said:
Thanks for the post! Whish it would have seen it earlier. I ordered the Leupold VX-3L in 4.5-14 x 50 for my Accura V2 LR. Wasn't sure the low durasight rings would work, so I hadn't ordered them yet. Scope came in today & I just ordered the low rings for it.

I am happy to have been of service sir. I, too, would have liked to have known if the low mounts would work before I bought the low mounts. I just took the chance in the hopes it would work...I guess the good Lord looks out for fools and drunkards. :) I think you will enjoy the natural cheek weld and point of aim the low mount gives you.

Back