Knight DISC Extreme vs LRH ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregdaws

Reaction score
I have a knight DISC Extreme in .45 which is great. I am being offered a LRH in .50 in mint condition. Is the LRH that much better as a rifle. Is it that much more accurate than the extreme. I get that they are different guns in different calibers and the LRH seems built more for target with it's stock, match trigger and double mounting screws. I guess what I am asking is am I going to be wowed by the LRH compared to the Extreme?

I have no intention of selling the extreme. Your opinions would be appreciated..

The only down side (in my mind) to the DE 45 is the barrel twist rate of 1-30 which limits you to shooting the shorter projectiles when shooting with a sabot. Full bore bullets will allow you to go longer. and in some States the 45 would not be allowed for larger game like elk, Moose, and big bear.

The LRH is also a really good rifle and would offer you some advantages above the 45. But that is a decision you would need to make yourself.

I would probably go with the LRH only because of the all the different bullets that I could/can shoot from it.

LRH stocks are HEAVY...like REALLY heavy. Otherwise they are great rifles. The recoil lug is the same as a Elite/Mountaineer/UltraLite so it wont just drop in all Knight stocks. The barrel is spiral fluted which does look very nice. Trigger is basically the same as the trigger in the old 2006 Extreme Target model. Wide shoe and fully adjustable. Its not a Timney but is a very nice trigger. Bolt might be jeweled depending on the year it was made.

If the price it right just the parts might be worth it. They also made it in a laminate TH stock which are quite rare now. Very hard to find one of the TH stock models these days.

Knight 2006 catalog
http://images.ebsco.com/pob/knightrifles/gallery/KR2006Catalog-ver2.pdf

Last edited:
Back