Plumb Crazy Indexing

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck

Reaction score
In another thread they talk aboiut indexing the sabot. What about us Pro Hunter shooters w/ the QLA? How do we do that? I mean besides cutting it off.

Cutting the QLA off would be the first improvement I made to that rifle. 8)

Grouse said:
Batchief909 said:

That's funny, i wish all Muzzleloaders had a QLA. :roll: :)

same here.... I like mine and my Encore shoots almost anything good.

I third that. My Encore and Encore Pro Hunter seems to like about I have shot through them.

Curtis

Guess ya never had 2 in a row that was "off center"... :roll: :roll: Both Omegas. 8) My first one was a "tack-driver"....never should have sold it. My next 2 were complete junk. I PERSONALLY won't purchase another T/C with the QLA. So shuddup... 8)

In all fairness,,,I bought a White Lightning that someMORO,,,,'er body,,,,took to a gunsmith and had a "custom" QLA drilled. Shot like crap. Cut the QLA off,,,,recrowned,,,and had a fine shooting carbine..... 8)

Banerbird said:
Doohan said:
Grouse said:
Batchief909 said:

That's funny, i wish all Muzzleloaders had a QLA. :roll: :)

same here.... I like mine and my Encore shoots almost anything good.

I'll second that.

And that's bc of the QLA?

The QLA was an answer to a question that was never asked.

I know of no way to index a sabot with a bbl that has the QLA.

Folks complained about starting their sabots in the barrell. I guess to pacify folks that couldn't operate a "short starter",,,TC decided to make things easier. Well,,,IMHO,,,TC didn't do the accuracy department any favors by creating the QLA System. Either you get a good one,,,or you don't. If the QLA is drilled just the SLIGHTEST "off center" ,,,,,good luck. 8)

Ever hear of folks complaining about a "dinged-up" crown?? :shock:

I honestly can't say that the QLA was the reason for it shooting well or not. My inline experiences are with a TC Black Diamond and Encore (both with QLA). Both rifles aren't picky about loads and shoot extremely well with about everything I run through them (minus Powerbelts).

Since my experiences are with Thompson products, I don't see a reason why they're a bad thing.

I'm not saying they're a "bad thing". I'm saying I won't PERSONALLY buy another TC with the QLA. 8)

Would you take your M70 and have the last inch or so drilled out to a smoothbore??

Those who say their TC's shoot almost everything. Is that 'Almost everything" With sabots?

I still would like to see an assortment of conicals shot out of a TC inline. One of these days i'll just have to buy one cheap just to shoot a variety of conicals through then sell it.

I personally have not seen a Barrle with a QLA or PASS System that will shoot a Conical good , I have owned a OMEGA, a REM. Gen. & a Treaditions Evalution LD all with this type of system on the barrles and as far as Sabots they did ok but with conicals they did not do well at all.
All my guns that do not or have not had this System will and have shot Sabots & Conicals super even a my $120 traditions Tracker 209 shot 1" groups @ 85yds with conicals. I just personally will never own another gun with this System again. This is why I hope TC just Fixes my Hawkins and does not replace it with a New one , if they replace it with a new one IT WILL BE UP FOR SALE. because the newones have a QLA.

RON

CVA/BPI i have always had excellent luck with when shooting conicals.

Darn it, Now i am going to go shoot my apex thanks to you guys :x

Picked up a box of cci 209 magnum primers today.

Back