Killed A Big Boar Today

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Suddenly got a bug to hog hunt this afternoon.  Got to the lease about 6 pm.  Planned on sitting in a wooden shanty  watching a feeder.  That was nixed when the feeder was found to be out of corn.  Went to my metal blind overlooking another feeder. 

I recently wounded a hog at this location.  Hog was found several days later with a big wound about 2.5" behind the ears.  The gun today is my TC Black Diamond .50 caliber.  Checked the zero on the gun yesterday at 100 meters and it was on.   

Gun:         TC Black Diamond .50 caliber
Powder:     100 measured grains of Black MZ
Bullet:       250 grain SST
Sabot:       Black crush rib
Cap:          Winchester magnum <a href='/tags/11' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #11'>#11</a>

Was in the blind about five minutes and spotted a big hog on the trail about 65 yards in front.  The hog stopped and i fired.   Hog took off running but quickly slowed.  Found him lying about 50 yards from where he was hit.  Checked the trail for blood and there was absolutely none.   The only blood found was where the hog went down and thrashed around some. 

This was a solid 275-300 pound boar.  Bullet entered midway just behind the shoulder taking out two ribs.   A big piece of the bullet exited just in front of the offside ham breaking two ribs.   A small piece of the bullet also exited, leaving a knife like cut in the skin. 

The lungs and liver were torn up and the heart was intact. 

Forgot my camera today.  Soon as i can figure out how to get the pictures off my old Sony Ericsson  cell phone i'll post them.  May have to get a mini USB thingy for the phone.

Congrats on the boar hog.  :Red tup:   What do you do with a big, smelly boar hog after he's down?

PS: I just walk away.

What do you do with a big, smelly boar hog after he's down?  PS: I just walk away.
Thanks. 

Since October last year  i've often done the same.  Last evening's hog was easily retrieved, i field dressed him and gave him away.   That hog should be good eating; he was very fat. 

The hogs on that place are tearing up the two plots of Austrian winter peas.

oh no, they moving into it already?!

I've got some movie clips to up load tonight of the hogs my dad and brother seen.

Here is the cell phone photo of my cell phone photo.  Best i can do.  Had to back up a long ways to get the picture in the frame of my phone.  

hog.jpg

Fire up the BBQ Pit. I'll be there for dinner. Nice hog :Red tup:

Ray..........

Latest posts

Back