Sons first deer and its with a frontstuffer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babills

Reaction score
well her they are my boy and his lady. He shot her at 2.30 in the afternoon yesterday. he was useing a remington genesis with 100 grain t7 and a 240 grain tc mag express sabot. the shot was 50 yds. and placed perfectly. I was on the other side of the farm and heard him shoot, i dont no who was more excited me or him. Congrats denny

deer.jpg

Congratulations... that was a perfect placed shot. And an impressive wound from one of them XTP's. Way to go there. That will be excellent eating.

good shooting,looks like your boy is headed to manhood fast....karl

Thanks guys, the hole you see in the pic is the entrance wound. I was impressed too.

Congrats

Congrats. I'm willing to bet that he's planning his next ML hunt, it's not a bad addiction to have.

Congrats on the first deer, I bet she didn't go far with a shot like that :lol:

Awesome! Kudos to you for taking a kid hunting. I wish every parent did that. 8)

Forgot to ask, was there a exit wound, I have used the shockwaves on two deer and had no exit wound.

Yes there was a small exit wound, just behind the ribs. He was bleeding out both sides.

babills said:
well her they are my boy and his lady. He shot her at 2.30 in the afternoon yesterday. he was useing a remington genesis with 100 grain t7 and a 240 grain tc mag express sabot. the shot was 50 yds. and placed perfectly. I was on the other side of the farm and heard him shoot, i dont no who was more excited me or him. Congrats denny

deer.jpg

Very nice !!!!!!!!

I hear ya about being excited , when my son go his first animal ( this spike ) it brought tears to my eyes !! Best day i have had in a very long time !! Taken with a 300 grain XTP from his CVA Optima .

codyelk12.jpg

Back