blackhorn with traditions pursuist lt. ? has any one?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horsefly

Reaction score
i e-mailed blackhorn two times in a month with no reply as to see if it will be or is compatible with a traditions pursuist lt. (1 not the ll )i bought some and still havent got the time to go to the range yet to try out this gun 9its brand new and me too. i read here everyday to learn as much as i can before i do. but i read somewhere that bk. is not compatible with all inlines. i do have the right primers for the bh. and all just dont want to screw somethin up by trying it and it not being compatible. thanks horsefly

horsefly

I was really hoping that someone with more experiance with this gun would have responded by now.

I can not give you a difinitive answer to you question, I could offer you a suggestion - that you might send Frontier Gander a PM and ask him... He knows a lot about CVA products - so he might have the answer.

sabotloader its not a cva its a traditions. so anyone else? but thank you for the reply though sabotloader.

Horsefly i have had 2 TRADITION muzzleloaders .my first one was the PURSUIT LT .50 cal.. it was light because of the Alloy Frame i realy enjoyed shooting it on the range BUT ...my PURSUIT LT was hard to close whith a primer in the breech plug and had to slam it shut ..after 50 odd shoots i noticed that the fire pin would hit the primer off center,and the primer would not ignite ......i sent it back and received a TRADITION PRO with a steel frame [no extra cost] was very happy with that deal ...after shooting with the PRO i found the trigger WAY TOO HARD ..but they were both good shooters at 100yds. sold the PRO and got a T/C ENCORE and never looked back ..

ps.may be yours is better built ..check to see if u have an issue with the primer in the breech plug .close the action and check if it closes easy and locks into place ...good luck

it more than likely will shot bh209. Traditions xlt will shoot it fine and the pursuit isnt that much of a different rifle.

I don't think you'll have a problem with BH209 in that rifle at all...

big6x6 said:
I don't think you'll have a problem with BH209 in that rifle at all...

powder wise no problem ..but as far as the break open action on the TRADITION ...good luck ..quality controll is not up to par ..

BP - A lot of people own these rifles, im sure some had an issue with them but im betting the other 90% have nothing but great luck.

All I can tell you is my Remington Genesis uses Traditions Firearms Co part # A1446 as its breech plug. That plug fits the Remington Genesis, Traditions Yukon (which is basically the same thing as the Genesis.. anything fits the Yukon fits the Genesis) and the Pursuit rifles...

My Genesis loves BlackHorn 209 powder. I shot two pounds off with Winchester W209 primers and never had a misfire on the range. Be sure to pack your charge tight, keep your breech plug clean, and you should have no problems.

The reason BlackHorn or Western Powder probably did not answer you is, they might not be aware of the style of breech plug found in a Pursuit LT. So for them to say, yes it will work would be stepping past their knowledge base. Also BlackHorn will tell you to use a hot primer. When people talk about misfires with BlackHorn I always ask them what primer they were shooting.

http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/eshop/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=A1446 there is the plug my Genesis uses. My Genesis shoots Blackhorn powder fine. So you be the judge. I will guess you should have no problems with a good primer.

as for primers i have both fed. 209a and cci209m as for the break closing with them in i see no difference with either primer in locks right up no problem. i even took the barrel off four or five times and still feels the same. hope fully i will get to go to the range next weekend for a few hours if i do i will post all my results and i'm sure i will have a ton more questions. thanks guys.

glad that u have a good one ..like they say sometimes some ML have an issue ..if it locks up tight u should be ok ...

this is my first gun so it will be a good starter either way for me. besides what i paid for it brand new not many others would have passed up the deal either its the scoped combo full camo stock barrel and scope and also has the weather shield barrel.
100_2837.jpg

to be honest the guy i got it from hit some harder times and had to sell it, he never even opened the manual bag. sold it to me for 250.00 so i couldnt pass it up.

Back