IL youth season just days away

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

air_rn

Reaction score
I can hardly wait to take my 2 (twins) gilrs out this weekend. They have the knight master hunter shooting great and can hit the bull at 100 yds from their Caldwell Deadshot. This will be their first year with a ML. Always used a 20 ga in the past. They are shooting triple 7 80 grains with a barnes 245gr mz. We should have some stories by the weekend.

Good luck to you all! That should be a more than lethal combo.

:D
Best of lick you and your daughters. Make sure you post a story and pics. Thanks for adding a few more ML'ers to the sport. Once again, good luck :!: :!:

Ray............. :wink:

I hope to go 2 for 2. LOL Hunting bean fields. I have been glassing them the last 3 nights and they have been full. You know how that goes! I will be sure to post up the pics. Thanks for all the well wishes.

My Grace goes first. Emma shot a buck last year. So Grace is up to bat first. Emma will let her go until she shoots. Twins have an amazing bond. I would not have been near as nice to my brother. LOL

Good Deal! Good luck to the 3 of you! Hope you all enjoy the time together in the great outdoors. Bagging a deer is just icing on the cake. :wink:

I 100 percent agree. the time with my babies in the blind, if 13 is babies are some of the best I have had in all my years in the filed. I will never forget the time we are sitting in a box blind the week after Christmas. We have 3 deer come in an start blowing like crazy and high tail it out. The girls both look at me and ask what happened. I knew right away it was the new juicy cotoure perfume both put on before we left that morning. I still laugh to this day about that. They learned deer don't like designer perfume!! LOL

Well an update from this weekend. Deer hunting was slow to say the least. Felt like we should have been out at our pool instead of hunting. But we did make the treck to the woods morning and evening both Saturday and Sunday. My Grace did get an opportunity at a doe on Saturday evening. It was about 5 min before last shooting light. Range finder showed the doe at 82 yards on the nose. Gun was sighted in dead on at 100. We talked thru the process had the gun on the filedpod she was ready. Deep breath half exhale and squeze the trigger. I saw the bullet hit the ground right behind the deer. It was a picked bean field drillwed with wheat. Clean miss. Oh well!!! I told her a clean miss is better than a bad hit anyday. She was a little bummed but we did shoot the ML Sunday and she was hammering the target at 100yards. She just got a little into the momnet. That is what hunting is about. THis dad is kind of glad she missed, meand that I get more quality time with both girls during our late doe only season!!! :drinkers:

Hunting slow around here too. A lot of corn still in and warm days. This week is a lot cooler but rainy, hope clears off soon. My youngest was 1 sec away from pulling the trigger on a nice doe a couple of weeks ago but she turned and headed to the woods. He was bummed but I told him sometimes it just happens that way. I agree, more time hunting with the kids is priceless (sometimes pricey, son lost TWO hats hunting so far this year, not sure how but that kid could lose the pants he's wearing and not realize it). Good luck to you and the girls on the late doe hunt. :D

Latest posts

Back