I Took a Beautiful "Cougar" Home the other day.........

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I Took a Beautiful "Cougar" Home the Other Day.........

Luckily, it wasn't a large feline -- or the female human variety either... ;)

But she is rather pretty!

I used to have a nice T/C Hawken but sold it off when a shooter at the club made me one of those "can't refuse" offers. I wasn't shooting it much and figured I could always get another one, but after awhile I really wasn't fond of the shiny brass. I missed having a sidelock in my safe, so I recently I went on the hunt for a decent T/C Renegade in .50 cal, figuring the all-blue hardware would better appeal to me. But what I found instead was the "Cougar" version of T/C's Hawken -- the limited edition model from the late 80'/early 90's made with brushed stainless steel hardware (which looks like pewter) and a "drop dead gorgeous" piece of walnut burl that spoke to me saying "Take Me Home!"

So I did!!!

Best part was, no outlay of cash was needed, as I traded an old revolver that I wasn't shooting anymore.
Gosh I'm loving the wood on this one! And I like the "French Gray" color of the hardware too.

RoG2eyz.jpg

I added one of T/C's rare Hunting Tang Sights on the tang and removed the stock rear sight; now I just need to add some plug screws to the barrel and get a Treso Ampco Bronze nipple (which I use on all my blackpowder guns) and then I'll take her out to the range.

I sure hope she shoots as well as she looks!

Old No7

3arYVXS.jpg

s5nGMKn.jpg

Last edited:
I think I'd take it to the range, even it I wasn't going to shoot it, just to show it off!

Congrats on a rare find. Beautiful rifle.:lewis:

I used to have a nice T/C Hawken but sold it off when a shooter at the club made me one of those "can't refuse" offers. I wasn't shooting it much and figured I could always get another one, but after awhile I really wasn't fond of the shiny brass. I missed having a sidelock in my safe, so I recently I went on the hunt for a decent T/C Renegade in .50 cal, figuring the all-blue hardware would better appeal to me. But what I found instead was the "Cougar" version of T/C's Hawken -- the limited edition model from the late 80'/early 90's made with brushed stainless steel hardware (which looks like pewter) and a "drop dead gorgeous" piece of walnut burl that spoke to me saying "Take Me Home!"

So I did!!!

Best part was, no outlay of cash was needed, as I traded an old revolver that I wasn't shooting anymore.
Gosh I'm loving the wood on this one! And I like the "French Gray" color of the hardware too.

RoG2eyz.jpg

I added one of T/C's rare Hunting Tang Sights on the tang and removed the stock rear sight; now I just need to add some plug screws to the barrel and get a Treso Ampco Bronze nipple (which I use on all my blackpowder guns) and then I'll take her out to the range.

Old No7

3arYVXS.jpg

s5nGMKn.jpg
Beautiful

The gun really is drop dea

So I did!!!

RoG2eyz.jpg

Old No7

3arYVXS.jpg

s5nGMKn.jpg
The gun really is drop dead gorgeous. Wow! I would have been doin everything in my power to take it home too. I've never taken a cougar home. But in my younger day, I have had a few cougars take me home tho. I hope you enjoy your cougar as much as I enjoyed the ones I encountered. Kind regards

Latest posts

Back