JC's 2008 Semi-Custom slug gun project! (pics project descri

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim,

During the work I took the scope off at one point. Since the gun has older Weaver type removable rings I was sure to take it to the range to make sure that I resighted it.

I only shot two groups while at the range...after the second group I simply moved the POI over one more inch to left and I was done!

Here are the two groups.

JC

Group #1
11-21010.jpg

Group #2
11-21005.jpg

Nice job on the project. While you were modifying the stock, did you do a good bedding job? Granted the gun shoots more than good enough for the limited range of slugs, but it can keep the POI from shifting around.

AJ said:
Nice job on the project. While you were modifying the stock, did you do a good bedding job? Granted the gun shoots more than good enough for the limited range of slugs, but it can keep the POI from shifting around.

The synthetic Savage 210 stocks are very much like the synthetic 10ml stocks . There is really nothing meaninglful in the stock to bed the action to unless you were to essentially fill the front of the stock with bedding compound, only with the 210 there is even less material to bed to due to the mag well opening for its multi-shot capacity...

JC

Just to updat this thread...

The following work was finished in April:
-----------------------

1). Upgraded the Leupold VX-II 2-7x30 w/heavy reticle to a Leupold VX-III w/ B&C reticle.

2). Upgrade rings from weaver detachable to Warne Maxima quick detachable.

3). Installed Kevin Rayhill bolt lift kit, (reduces required bolt lift pressure and smooths lift.)

4). Installed Kevin Rayhill bolt handle, (The handle is 1/2" longer than standard to decrease bolt lift and to improve camming distance.)

5). Installed Brownell?s Steel trigger guard.

JC

Savage210.jpg

Hey guys,

Here it is! Finally after another year of work on my Savage 210 the gun is done for this off season and is completed, reassembled, tested, sighted in, and ready to go.

The final step I just completed over the past several months and finished this weekend was to work with Lee Meechum of Black Ice coatings to refinish the entire gun including, barreled action and bolt, in his weather proof Teflon coating.

Hope everyone has enjoyed watching this project and hopefully it has inspired folks to thing about some possibilities for projects for themselves for next season!

JC

554.jpg

range505.jpg

range508.jpg

range506.jpg

range507.jpg

(POI was adjusted up 1.5" after this group to be 1" high at 100yds. Third shot on upper left was fired from a warm barrel and had completely blown the sabot. )
566.jpg

Beautifull shotgun! Hey, question. My buddy wants to buy a Savage slug gun and saw that it is chambered for 3" shells. Does it also shoot the 2 3/4" ok?My Browning Gold will shoot 2 3/4, 3 and 3 1/2.

CORVAIR said:
Beautifull shotgun! Hey, question. My buddy wants to buy a Savage slug gun and saw that it is chambered for 3" shells. Does it also shoot the 2 3/4" ok?My Browning Gold will shoot 2 3/4, 3 and 3 1/2.

Yes, virtually all 3" slug guns also shoot 2 3/4" shells.

JC

Back