Collectables

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spitpatch

Reaction score
Do you think any of the knight rifles will become collectible if and when Knight finally closes the door?

Ever thought about it?

About as collectible as my White Super 91s,,,only less so.

Too many produced. 8)

I suspect those who are looking for a quality muzzleloader and can't afford a Savage will collect them. I'm always on the lookout for Whites and Remington 700MLs for a reasonable price. There just isn't much left.

Speaking of collectibles,, I once had a Browning 12 ga. A-bolt, bought when browning quit making them for 415.00. Never took it hunting and sold it back to the dealer a couple years later for what I paid. what are they selling for now? 4 - 5 times that. :wall:
And I knew in the back of my little brain that some day they might be collectible.

As long as replacement parts are out there, you will always see Knights well accepted in the muzzleloading market. Whether they are collector items, I kind of doubt it.

As big a shock as it was to see Knight go out of business, still it does not take away from their quality. Although there will be those that avoid Knights because of the customer service part. Its a mind set that you just can not get people to think differently.

For instance I was letting someone shoot my White one afternoon. While they bragged about how well it shot, their final comment was.. too bad there is no customer service. Which I replied if I ever need it, I will let you know.

I like the old knight mk85's in stainless with the laminated stocks. You don't hear much about them and other than myself these days I have not seen anyone carrying them in the woods or shooting one at the range. You would think it would have the potential to be a collectible being the mk85 started the inline revolution. It was the muzzleloader of choice for one Jim Shockey in his early days on TV. At one time they were rather expensive to buy but now they are about half of original retail. It is a shame knight is going out of business but fortunately I have enough of their rifles to last me for the rest of my life.

May be the prototype(s) of the Ultimate Slam will be?

Do you think they will let Toby keep his?

Latest posts

Back