Here's a "head-up" that you may have missed ...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Conner1

Reaction score
Here's a "head-up" that you may have missed ...

Hey folks,

Here's a "head-up" that you may have missed, the kid "Jon" has started providing additional services now available to everyone.

SERVICES: PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE RETURN UPS / USPS OR INSURANCE ON SHIPPING.

[The pictures of firearms are for examples of the work we do ONLY.] FORGET IT THEY ARE NOT FOR SALE!

ACCURACY

Internal Lock Polishing: $45.xx. CVA/Traditions/Siler/L&R locks only. I will polish all moving/mating surfaces and lock plate for a smooth grit free feel. This speeds up lock time and makes it butter smooth.

Trigger Polishing: $20.xx. Work would include the internals of the lock, the double set triggers MUST be polished for a smooth crisp, grit free feel!

Accuracy Bedding: $60.xx. Needed just like a center fire, your wood stock muzzle loader is actually prone to the tang screw/s loosening due to the weaker wood actually pulling the metal parts up and into the wood under heavy recoil! Loose tang screws are a dead giveaway of this happening only after a few shots, killing your accuracy.

Wet weather soaking your wood stock also is a common problem. "In order to do the job correctly you will have to send your complete muzzle loader so I can bed all parts as one for the best accuracy possible."

Coning the Muzzle: $35.xx. This procedure in present day is known as "coning”. It was known in the 19th century as a "relieved" muzzle and also as a "funneled" muzzle. Once the rifle has been “coned” it can be loaded rather easily without using the short starter.

FINISHES

Barrel Browning: $65.xx. I use nothing but the best to brown all muzzle loader barrels. It’s a slow process which generally takes 3 to 5 days to complete properly. This included sights, tang, screws, etc. If it deals with the barrel/attachment. It is included in the price.

Browning Accessories: Contact for price! Butt plate, trigger guard, nose cap, patch box, Etc. Just let me know what all you have and I will work on a price for you.

Stock Refinish: $125.xx. Have an old beauty of a muzzle loader but the stock is looking a little beat up? No problem! All finishes are hand rubbed from the low gloss, matte to high mirror gloss, I can do it in whatever finish you want. Walnut normally does NOT get stained unless the owner wants it reddish or almost black. Good walnut normally never needs staining.

Brush the Brass: $25.xx. To rid that beautiful rifle of yours and that ugly shiny cheap looking brass, I can also provide a Brushed look to your rifles furniture that will age nicely and cut that cheap shininess out! Stop scaring game with that mirror! It’s a hunting rifle, not a beauty pageant!

Re: Here's a "head-up" that you may have missed ...

Have a few questions on your SERVICES you provide being seen by visitors to the website Jon.

Question 1.

Internal Lock Polishing: $45.xx.
Trigger Polishing: $20.xx.
Accuracy Bedding: $60.xx.
Coning the Muzzle: $35.xx.

If they sent a rifle for all of these items, is there a better price to do all of them while you have their firearm. I told them I could ask, didn’t know what you thought.

Question 2.

When doing the Accuracy Bedding is there a chance of hurting the original finish on the gun? Do not want glass bedding visible when gun is assembled.

Latest posts

Back