Here’s how I know

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When I’ve made enough Tater Soup - when there is absolutely no room left in the biggest pot I have, to add any more ingredients to it. Every single time I make soup, stew, chili, it’s not done until the pot is completely full.
I don’t like bein wasteful, & that includes wasted space in a soup or stew pot, or a beer mug for that matter.
Yeah I know there’s a good 1/2” of space left in the pot, & it’s working me lol but I still need to be able to stir it until it’s done - without covering half of the stove with it. The last time I filled the pot to the rim & had to stir it, I did slosh deer chili all over the stove. I burnt my tongue cleaning it all up too. Not doin that again.

Attachments

• 6C584B9D-EC83-4169-A7AE-7B67CED9D77B.jpeg
    6C584B9D-EC83-4169-A7AE-7B67CED9D77B.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • AA96AB3A-E67C-4690-9D25-4658E06CE117.jpeg
    AA96AB3A-E67C-4690-9D25-4658E06CE117.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Looks delicious, what are the key ingredients?
Thank you HC, I appreciate that. Its every bit as good as it looks too. I just took a loaf of French Baguette for a lil " dunkin action " tonight.
Ingredients:
1-gal water
5 - stalks of celery ( leaves & all )
1- Lg sweet onion
1/2 lb - carrots sliced
1-Tblsp minced garlic
1/2 Lb Mushrooms ( sliced thin ) OR 2 small jars/cans of mushrooms
8-10 - russet taters
2- Lg Knor chicken bouillon cubes
1- Lb thick cut bacon ( sliced 3/4" wide, fried )
2- Tblsp bacon grease
1-1 1/2- Lb beef smokes sausage ( I cut them into quarters then slice them, so they are consistent size with the rest of the ingredients. I like to have everything cut up just small enough where one can get a piece of everything on their spoon )
S & P to taste
Simmer on med heat ( NO LID ) until all veggies are done
1/2 Gal ( Min., or as much as needed ) - milk ( a pint of 1/2 & 1/2 can be added for a little more richness )
1 - 9oz. Box of instant mash taters - a little bit at a time, stirring constantly until the box is empty & everything is thoroughly mixed together.
And there ya have it.

I'm gonna make that soup, thanks for posting it!

I always sat in the back of the bus, until the mean old lady bus driver made me sit in an assigned row up front, I may have caused some trouble in the back once or twice:moon:
You’re welcome.I hope that you enjoy the soup as much as we do. Too funny about the bus. That rings back some really fun memories of back in the 70’s

When I’ve made enough Tater Soup - when there is absolutely no room left in the biggest pot I have, to add any more ingredients to it. Every single time I make soup, stew, chili, it’s not done until the pot is completely full.
I don’t like bein wasteful, & that includes wasted space in a soup or stew pot, or a beer mug for that matter.
Yeah I know there’s a good 1/2” of space left in the pot, & it’s working me lol but I still need to be able to stir it until it’s done - without covering half of the stove with it. The last time I filled the pot to the rim & had to stir it, I did slosh deer chili all over the stove. I burnt my tongue cleaning it all up too. Not doin that again.
Lol.. Don't use your tongue to sop it up.

Back