knight guys question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckslayer

Reaction score
whats the major differences between the elite and extreme models??just the flutted barrel??

There are three main differences that I can think of:
1. The elite does not have any open sights.
2. The elite has a much more tapered barrel, making it less muzzle heavy.
3. The elite has a forked lug which makes the barrel more free floating.

Art

The .50 caliber Extremes are not fluted. The .45 caliber Extremes were along with the Master Hunter models. I believe I am correct on this.

There is no ryme or reason to why Knight fluted anything as far as I can tell. Seen them .45 and .50, blued and stainless.

jsteurrys

The fluted barrel Extremes (45 and 50 cal) were a special run of Extrems using left over MHC barrels but not putting them in a Master Hunter stock. I believe all of the fluted barrels will have MHC stamped on the barrel. The fluteing was in part to reduce weight and aid in cooling by increasing the surface area of the barrel. The 'C' letter was to designate that the barrel had been cyrogenically treated.

Original Extremes did not have fluted barrels.

I THINK this is how it went...

At one time Knight produced the 45 Extreme in a fluted blued barrel.

You guys are correct .....they did make some special runs using Extreme stocks and Master hunter fluted barrels.

They were however, NOT cantilevered. The Disc Elite and the LRH hold that distinction.

Back