TC Endeavor ML will not fire

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiecowboy

Reaction score
I recently purchased a TC Endeavor ML and after a few shots the rifle will close but the hammer will not cock . This occurs after loading a new primer. I have to open and close it several times before the hammer will release. I am using the Winchester Primers designed for 777. This could be disasterous during a hunt. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The barrel shoots into an inch at a hundred yards so this part is great.

Thanks for your help!!
okie

Try CCI or Federal primers. Winchesters are the longest (on average) and have been known to prevent full lockup on some Encores. Apparently you are not quite getting full closure and the mechanical interlock prevents cocking.

I contacted TC today and they told me to try a different brand of primer such as Federal or CCI . They said this is a common problem with some Encores due to the winchester primer being a little larger in overall length. I purchased some Federal 209A primers today and the problem was solved. Thanks for everyones help! Hopefully this will not happen to anyone else.

Happy Hunting!!!

Okie

Back