Check this if you eat venision

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
use round balls, they dont fragment :lol:

A little lead in the meat just ads a touch of flavor to an already tasty meal.

Dang the powerbelt fragmented less than what looks like the 300gr xtp.

Wisconsin had the same warning. I personally never got to excited about it. But I guess it should be kept in the back of your mind.

These lead warnings are really getting numerous. Yet when we was kinds we used to keep lead split shots in our mouth and put them on with our teeth when fishing... How could my mother allow that?? :D

lead

Cayuga, my mother let do that as well. What were they thinking?

I have seen a few of these studies. Generally, they show very little contamination. I think it's just another angle by the anti's. One program in particular, that was targeted, was the Hunters for the Hungry. The meat was found to be very safe.

Glad for the infos. good to know some people care about us hunters .my next move was towards BARNES TMZ ..100% copper anyway ..

black powder said:
my next move was towards BARNES TMZ ..100% copper anyway ..

Even though I too am a product of the Water Gremlin split shot chewing crowd I agree the Barnes are an easy answer to this problem. My experience is that the XPB's are a more consistent accuracy performer than than the TMZ's though.

JC

Latest posts

Back