Gave up on the big boy, started shooting today for food bank

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Duster

Reaction score
Only getting night pictures of Mr Big so I gave up on him for the year. Not the biggest around but with only two days left in the ML season I thought about time I started filling tags. Just your normal run of the mill 8 point, 50 yard shot, about 50 yard recovery. Took out his heart with a Barnes Expander. He will go a long ways in feeding people in need meat once processed into burger. Going to try and fill the two antlerless tags I have left Saturday & Sunday that will go to the food bank also.

Re: Gave up on the big boy, started shooting today for food

Good shooting :applause: Good luck filling other tags :yeah:

Well done! Big boys gonna be even bigger next year. That's what I tell myself.

that's a nice looking deer. Congratulations.

Was on the phone this morning with church food bank guy. They are with this buck up to 114 donated deer this year. I hope to make it 116 by Sunday afternoon. They are thankfull for all donations. Said this year they are up to 450 family's a month they are helping. Hope for 120 deer donation as that will be double their first year of running this program.

Shot at a big doe just before dark yesterday. Started looking for blood trail and had a low blood sugar episode myself and had to stop for the night...Results this morning.....No luck on finding that first drop of blood this morning. Not like me to miss but may have hit a limb it being almost dark when I took the shot. Did however take another this morning while waiting for it to get to tracking light. Had to keep eye on my watch until shooting time before pulling the trigger. She was all alone and was feeding in the edge of the field and I must have watched her 10 minutes until shooting time before dropping the hammer. About a 100 lb doe for the food bank. Another easy shot of 30 yards with a 20 yard recovery. One more afternoon to hunt and one more tag to fill.

The food bank in VA donations were way down for the 2014 season, a lot of hunters are keeping their kills with todays economy an meat prices I don't blame them one bit. I have enough to feed my family. :yeah: :yeah:

Back