First Time Buying in Bulk

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,
I currently shoot T7 pellets but will switch to powder when I run out of the pellets. I use 2 50-grn equivalent pellets currently.

Thinking of going with Hornady XTP .452 in 250 grain or 300 grain w MMP sabots that load best. I prefer the 300 grain but I'm finding better deals on the 250 grain and mixed opinions. I would like to lighten my charge when I switch to powder and I've read the 250 grain might suit me better given a lighter charge and shorter ranges.

I appreciate any opinions or thoughts on this.
When using Harvester sabots and .44mag XTP's my max load is of T7 is 80grs by volume. My Whitelighting will shot sub 1" groups at 100 yards.

When using Harvester sabots and .44mag XTP's my max load is of T7 is 80grs by volume. My Whitelighting will shot sub 1" groups at 100 yards.

That is great info! I'm hoping to be at 70-80 grains by volume. Should I even start at 60 grains of T7 by volume or just start at 70?

well, after a whole lot of searching, griping, and complaining I finally found some bullets. I ordered .44 XTP in 240 grain and .45 XTP in 300 grain.

Sabots selected and ordered as well: Harvester Smooth Green for .44 and Harvester Short Smooth Black for .45.

Got my loose powder and a few supplies as well. Putting it all together next week mid-week when it all arrives....hopefully. I am really looking forward to the day at the range!

I'm not a magnum, gotta have more power type guy. So what would be a good suggested powder charge by volume of the T7 for each bullet. Keep in mind I will never shoot over 100-125 yards anywhere I hunt.

Thanks!

That is great info! I'm hoping to be at 70-80 grains by volume. Should I even start at 60 grains of T7 by volume or just start at 70?

I started at 65grs of T7 and kept moving up and found my rifles shoot best at 80grs when using sabots. When using non-sabot 464gr bullets I use 65grs. I never have to shoot longer than 60-80 yards.

Back