First deer with the Omega

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quackmaster4

Reaction score
It rained a little last Friday, but had started to clear a little. About 8:45 I saw a doe coming along a trail eating acorns. I waited until she was about 40 yards and put a powerbelt right into her chest. She flipped over and kicked a couple times. All of a sudden she jumped up and ran about 30 to 40 yards and then fell again. Till I got to her she was dead. When I dressed her I found that her heart was actually in pieces. There was one piece that was completly detached, and the rest was shredded along with the lungs. Their stamina is amazing! The two mile walk in was alot more enjoyable than the two mile drag out. :lol: I've killed other deer with my GPR and Staghorn, but this was my first with my newest ML.

Congrats on the deer. I also have a long drag out of a ridge top I hunt in National Forrest. I have a deer sleigh I have used for years and have worn many holes in it in past drags. I am trying a kids snow sleigh this year. Might be the answer, other than a deer cart for those long drags.

If the deer cooperate I will let you know how it works!

Back