Finding Black Powder

Help Support Frontier Muzzle Loading:

Overdue Bill

I live in N.Y. in the Rochester area and cannot find any black powder. I can get Pyrodex etc. but not black powder. Can anyone tell me where i can get it? If I have to order it can it be mailed to my address in NY?

Doug1968

Blackhorn is more for inline muzzleloaders it takes A lot hotter ignition

mechteacher

Many say 'mail order' to address any order shipped to home. I have ordered BP shipped to my home in Texas. It came via UPS. It cannot ship by mail, USPS. I do not know about NY limits.

JimB

UPS quit delivering BP. FEDEX is the only carrier now. HAZMAT charges add about $6 per can to the cost. Restrictions on the storage of BP have also increased the price per pound. Notice the number of suppliers advertising in Muzzle Blasts is down. I order for our club once a year and have had no delivery problems.

Hylander

Midwayusa has it in stock.
However I would need to order 10lbs to make it worth while.
I don't know anyone near me to make the order.

JimB

Looks like they have the HAZMAT charge built into their price. Our last order of 15lbs cost $26/lb after the HAMAT charge. Ordered from Buffalo Arms. I believe Powder Inc has better pricing. Track of the Wolf also has powder.

Peter Stines

Have you tried PowderInc. Gordon W. Jenks, Maine Powder House, Backcreek Gunshop and Jack's Powder Keg ? They may be able to help and some outfits allow 5 pounds as minimum order. Some allow mixing brands within a shipment. Goex, Swiss, Shutzen, etc. Give it a spin

Latest posts