Anyone use Harvester's Scorpion PT Gold Bullets?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wbygunner

Reaction score
Hello all, anyone have experience with these? Really curious about their terminal performance on deer sized game. I picked up some in 260 & 300 grains to see how they would work out of my TC Endeavor. Only shot 12 so far, in the 260's, and I'm not super impressed with the groups (3" or so at 100 yards) being pushed by 100-110 grains of BH 209.

Current load, which is very accurate, is 250 grain (.452) XTP's and Harvester SB sabots, in front of 100 grains of BH 209. I think I should replace the supplied crush ribs with the standard SB sabots which are currently working in my TC. Any thoughts? Thanks!

like you said, change the sabot to what you are currently using and i am betting that your groups will shrink.

I am shooting the 300 gr. Scorpion PT's with the Harvester Ribbed Sabots, 100 gr. BH209, and ICC 209M's in my T/C Triumph and am getting 1" groups. I shot a couple of 260 gr. Scorpion PT's and they were an inch apart also and 2 1/4" higher than the 300's. I was shooting from a benchrest at 100 yds.

Thanks guys. I think the sabot switch is the first step, then back to the range. Can't find much info on these bullets, but Toby Bridges seems to push them real hard on his website.

I'm getting about 1 1/2 in groups at a 100 yds with the 260 gr and 110 gr BH 209 with CCI mag primers in my knight Elite. Killed a doe last year with it, deer dropped about 40 yds from where I shot her. Left a nice blood trail, didn't need it o'course. I'm using the Crush Rib sabots but I'm going to try other sabots. Had a few hangfires using this combo when I was using Winchester primers so i switched to the CCI mags. No problem with them yet, but a tighter fitting sabot might ensure better ignition.

tndeer, thanks for the info, sounds like a change in sabots may be in store for you as well. I would think, since Harvester sabots are so popular, that this bullet would be more widely used, just can't get much info on it. Thanks again for the report.

Latest posts

Back