Gun Safes

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goosehunt2

Reaction score
For you guy's that own gun safes what brand do you have? I am thinking on getting one but the only brand available close to me is Liberty Safes. TIA

That IS the brand I have! You won't be dissapointed with one of them. :D In fact my wife has one also for her guns,and jewlery.

Ron, Did you get the one with the textured finish or the gloss finish? Is there anyway you could post a pic. of your safe. Thanks!!!

I have a Fort Knox and love it. A friend of mine has a Liberty and loves it too. I was looking at Liberty, but after talking to a friend of mine who just started dealing Fort Knox, was able to get an awesome deal.

Robbie,mine is gloss,the wife's is textured. If you have a Rual King Store in your area they have the best deals on them. My wife got her's for about 300.00 less than I paid for mine.

I have an American Eagle ( made by Cannon ). I have had it for 5 years and it works great. I bought it from Cabelas and it was quite a bit cheaper than the other brands.

I have a Liberty safe as well, it has a smooth finish and is about 15 years old.

I notice that no matter how big you get them, you will need a bigger one. ;)

jim

American Eagle here, too. Bought at a local outdoor show about 6 years ago. Got a very good deal. A couple things to keep in mind. Get one BIGGER than you THINK you need. Or at least as big as you have room for. Mine is getting pretty tight in there!! Also, MEASURE your LONGEST gun and MAKE SURE you buy one where you can fit that gun. I have an old Harper's Ferry Civil War era sniper's rifle and it is LONG!! It JUST fits in my safe!!!

For those of you who have safes, do any of you store your guns barrel DOWN? This is the only way I am finding to fit the guns in there!!

I have a heritage with textured finish and black nickle dial and handle. Sweet looking. I also have an older browning with a gloss finish. I much prefer the textured finish for wht it is worth. Doesn't show fingerprints at all.

Buying a gun safe is just like buying a tractor. Figure out what size you need and can afford, then buy the next size bigger. :shock:

I have a Browning. Holds my rifles, pistols, jewelry, and important documents. Wish it was 2 sizes bigger than the one I have though.

HawgHunter said:
Buying a gun safe is just like buying a tractor. Figure out what size you need and can afford, then buy the next size bigger. :shock:

BEST advise EVER! I have a Liberty 35...not big enough..now I have 4 safes... I HIGHLY recommend the Liberty safes...excellent product..so is the Browning..

I have a friend that bought an old bank building in a small town. It had a walk in vault. Plenty of room and the best gun safe I ever saw after he made some gun racks. To Big 6x6: You do not need less guns, you just need more safes.

I had , repeat had, 2 of the biggest safes Browning makes, they were the
Gold series.

My house burned down around them,i had a front end loader drag them
from the wreckage, a phone call to Browning set my safe cracker to work,
oh ya I forgot to mention, all the dials and wheels burned off, after what seemed like a eternity of work, the first safe opened, the first thing I saw was the car title laying in the bottom, followed by some more paper.

The guns smelled like smoke and had a small amount of soot but other wise were in perfect condition, no one including the safe cracker, could
believe what we found inside.

What was left in those 2 safes was all I had left in the world, due to a Insurance loop hole they got off the hook paying for my house, I had a
huge gun sale and got my start back to rebuild.

So for the point of thsi long winded post, Browning safes are not only
beautiful pieces to have in your home, they will protect your valuables to the extreme.

Latest posts

Back