Bullet

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goosehunt2

Reaction score
If you had to pick just one saboted bullet to shoot in a 50cal. for deer hunting what one would you choose? Please list the manufacture and grain weight. Thanks

Barnes 245 Spitfire...all the reasons have already been consumed :shock: 8)

best bullet

Jim,

Thatwas the best response I have ever read.

Greg

goosehunt2

If you had to pick just one saboted bullet to shoot in a 50cal. for deer hunting what one would you choose? Please list the manufacture and grain weight. Thanks

#1 choice - Nosler .451 260 grain Partition HP...

#2 Speer Gold Dot .452 300 grain HP...

#3 the real dark horse that might be the best Hornady 10mm 200 grain XTP - you would not believe the ballistics...

All of these are great for the normal person with a scope out to 175 yards - from there you will need to do some compensating...

All of these except the Nosler are afforable to shoot at paper or big game... The Shockwaves/SST's are great but if you are willing to pay the price - but I think they are a bit suspect at short ranges - to quick - to fast..

As of right now, I like the TC shockwave 200 gr. But I believe it is the same bullet as sabotloaders #3 suggestion with a plastic tip.

Up to this year would have said the 250 SST. Don't get me wrong. I still think it's a great bullet but now I like the 250 bonded SW.

Barnes 290gr TMZ. Worked well on the two deer that I shot this year. Also, there is no worry about a Barnes bullet comimg apart.

powerbelt platium 270grs shooting out of a 50 cal apex 2 inch groups at 100yrds.most accurate bullet i found for this gun.every gun is different.

Latest posts

Back