Elk Pics...Let's see 'em...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was last year in New Mexico ML season. My first elk, completely DIY and solo:

roadout.jpg

roadin.jpg

view.jpg

bull1.jpg

bull.jpg

:D

Nice country and a real nice elk. CONGRATS :!: Lets see a bigger one this year :wink:

Ray.......... :)

ELKHUNT1-1.jpg

I got this cow many years ago with my bow.......

I wish I could but the hunting gods did not smile upon me in the draw this year. I did not draw an elk tag.

AJ said:
This was last year in New Mexico ML season. My first elk, completely DIY and solo:

roadout.jpg

roadin.jpg

view.jpg

bull1.jpg

bull.jpg

Wow..... excellent pics....really nice elk....

Our hunts here in Idaho are either draw for a bull or open for a cow for muzzleloaders. I didn't draw so I went on an open cow hunt. I hit this elk with a 460 gr paper patched 500 S&W bullet. The bullet entered the shoulder and i found it in the flank. In some of these pictures you can see there is nothing to hide behind. Not a tree for a hundred miles.

Cow4_zpsb1a1b180.jpg

Cow2_zpsdfa93b41.jpg

ElkHunt2_zps4024261b.jpg

Very nice Harvest Ron!!!!

Its amazing what a slow moving big hunk of soft lead will do even on larger game. That shoulder "blade" damage pic you posted on HN is really crazy.

AJ that is really sweet and DIY solo is pretty tough in any area.

Congrats on the very nice harvest!!!!

GM54-120 said:
Very nice Harvest Ron!!!!

Its amazing what a slow moving big hunk of soft lead will do even on larger game. That shoulder "blade" damage pic you posted on HN is really crazy.

Is this the one your talking about? Ron

shoulder_zpsc03465bf.jpg

I was happy with the penetration on this cow. Probably close to 3 feet after completely shattering the shoulder. This is it. Ron

BULLET3_zps052d6a9b.jpg

Latest posts

Back