E. Allen & Co. Makers percussion double barrel shotgun

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbythehunter

Reaction score
hello folks, I've ot an E. Allen & Co. Makers percussion double barrel shotgun which I might consider selling. I've seen that some of these guns go for alot of money on line but nothing currently on gunbroker and i've no idea how to price this old relic. The gun appears to be a 12 guage. Very little writing "E. Allen & Co, Makers on each side plate very lightly engraved, almost missed it. the rib on top says "FINE STUB TWIST" in top in an old english font. Underside of barrel has numbers in three places "2156" under what would be the breech end i believe. There is light engraving on the gun on most metal surfaces. Nothing to elaborate or fancy. From what i have seen online the grade of the barrel determnines price somewhat and condition obviously. i think the gun may be from 1850s maybe. Any info or advice on how to determine a fair value for this firearm would be appreciated.

bobby

View attachment 1339View attachment 1340View attachment 1341View attachment 1342

Here is a 12 gauge Ethan Allen SXS Shotgun - 12 gauge with both side locks marked E. Allen & Co. Makers. This being an Ethan Allen stamping makes this a rare double retaining 60% barrel brown and has traces of case colors remaining on the locks. The mechanical function is very good, crisp and tight. The 29” bores are very good and the wood has only a few burses. The hammers, locks and trigger guard are lightly engraved.

3907.4-1-100x100.jpg

But still only in the $1,200 price range, not the original asking price of $1,400.

skills.jpg

Back