CVA Optima Elite and Apex Barrel Prices

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marshall9779

Reaction score
Since I got a 30% discount card back with my Optima Elite after sending it back to CVA for repair I was curious about barrel prices. I looked and all barrels are on special. There is not much to choose from right now but blued barrels for $180 and stainless for $200. They do have 20ga barells for Optima Elite's that have scope mounting holes that are out of alignment, but says they can still be used with scopes and other adjustable optics. Just not usable with iron sights. $60 is a steal for the barrel. Not sure I have a real interest on a shotgun barrel but $60 is almost too good to pass up. I would rather have a rifled barrel but they don't make them. They also have a .45 compact 24" blued for $100

Apex barrels are $220 for stainless and a SS .50 ML Non QRBP barrel for $160.

I have an optima elite!!! I have a 30 06 and a 50 cal barrel for it right now. I would love to get a 300 mag barrel for it but I can't find any for it. One day i hope to get one but I might just have to buy a bolt action instead.

I haven't had a chance to shoot my elite how does your's shoot??

River Rat

The ML shoots great I am getting sub MOA groups using 100gr BH209 and 200gr Shockwaves. The .243 when it fired shot well. I was having about 30% misfires. I just got the frame and .243 barrel back from CVA. THe replaced the hammer and spring as well as some trigger assembly work. Hope to try it out this weekend. The few rounds that I have put through the .243 though I was getting right at 1".

Latest posts

Back